Nation wide concealed carry. - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nation wide concealed carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Food for thought about "national reciprocity".....

First of all the only way all the States would agree to it is if the national standard was the most restrictive State's criteria. After all.... anything less restrictive and that State won't agree to it so any national reciprocity went "poof" right there.

Second... and I don't understand why anyone would be looking to "Daddy Fed" to step in and force the States to recognize each others permits since "Daddy Fed" is NOT some benevolent doting Granpa wanting to do the right thing for the people... "Daddy Fed" really is "Papa Dictator" who doesn't give two farts about the people wanting national reciprocity but would dearly love to have control of carry permits so the Feds can dictate what the criteria for qualification is, how much it costs, and who is disqualified right from the get go. And incrementally increase the degree of restrictions/costs until no common peon could possibly qualify or afford it.

Do folks really want the Feds to be in control? Think carefully because asking the Federal government for national reciprocity is the same as asking Obama for permission to carry a gun.

Now... in my opinion... the only acceptable "national reciprocity" would be Constitutional carry in all States brought about by the individual residents of each State... no Feds involved in any way. But to do that people in each and every State would have to get off their butts and fight for Constitutional carry in their respective State.

But I fear folks would rather look to what they think is "benevolent Daddy Fed" to step in and save the day never realizing that "Daddy Fed" isn't going to save the day.... "Daddy Fed" is really "Papa Dictator" who will use national reciprocity as a way to STEP ON the right to bear arms and squash it out of existence.

Be very careful what you ask for..... you just might get it.
    I agree that we don't want the Fed's administering any reciprocity program, or anything (like Obamacare) which would create a back-door registry...leading to confiscation. BUT, I think the idea people are hoping for is to have a system similar to drivers licenses or marriage licenses. Each state is in control of it's own laws and qualification requirements, but the licenses are honored by all of the states. That would be nice, but again, that will never happen. It's just too easy for the anti-gun left to point to the danger of a gun in the wrong hands as dangerous, but they wouldn't ever consider denial of grandmas rights to drive from another state into theirs... even though there's a greater probability of grandma killing someone than a responsible gun owner.

What do you think other states would do, if say Washington didn't require a driver's license or didn't require a test for a driver's license. Does anyone think other states would still accept Washington DL (or Washington residents driving in their state)?

Edited: for whodat.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    What do you think other states would do, if say Washington didn't require a driver's license or didn't require a test for a driver's license. Does anyone think other states would still accept Washington DL?

Um, no - because you just said they wouldn't have one...
    Chief

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    What do you think other states would do, if say Washington didn't require a driver's license or didn't require a test for a driver's license. Does anyone think other states would still accept Washington DL?

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Miss the bold part didja?
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

What bluestringer said. I also edited it to include non license.

“One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Miss the bold part didja?
    Nope, concentrated on this bold part instead.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

8. Well said!.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
    Why do we even need to ask our employees (elected servants) permission to do anything that does not violate anothers rights or has nothing to do with commerce?

Te only thing I think you would get all the states to agree on is that they want sales tax collected in interstate sales. Of course, California would require that, plus anyone who buys from or sells to California, has to pay an annual fee of $800. Inside joke...anyone who has done business in CA knows that EVERYTHING you do with the state has a minimum fee of $800. It's one reason my employer pulled out of CA. CA wants businesses to move in there...just not make a profit!

Sent using Tapatalk...so please excuse the typos!

10. National reciprocity is enough for me. I don't really want much of any Federal gun regulation, even this kind. Keep it with the states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Hi, I agree with the nationwide conceal to carry. I am a travel nurse ,so I'm in 6-13wks contracts ,so I have to be careful I had a 357 but I couldn' chance carrying it across state lines so I left it at home my home was in Bilox MS and yes I lost my home and everything in it with Katrina . Have no idea were the gun ended up . Filed report etcc,and haven't replaced it due to alot of things health,divorce,Life LOL . But I currently in Colorad and have been a7mths lost my right leg so I thinking about getting another gun but the laws here have gone Nuts concerning guns how many rounds you clip has? It's crazy ,when I get back on my feet LOL I think I'll be leaving this state .So unless I win the sweepstakes ,can't afford a gun the classes etc. So I wish everyone good luck and if it ever comes up for a national conceal liscenes that a vote worth making. TY ivoryakkitta

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast