Great Article about how to carry, in chamber or not.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Article about how to carry, in chamber or not.

1. Great Article about how to carry, in chamber or not.

This is a great article for those who are wondering about carrying condition 3 (not a round in the chamber). Its factual with historical references about semi auto handguns.

The Thinking Gunfighter: THE MYTHS OF THE ISRAELI METHOD OF CARRY, or why carrying chamber empty isn?t so bad.

Don't find it particularly convincing. Didn't see any discussion of CQB and how this will work out if the fight started with hands-on. As I asked in a previous thread -where would Zimmerman be if he had not had a round in the chamber? Rolling around racking the slide? Personally that is my reason for my mode of carry. Off hand fends or controls, pistol comes out, hits retention position and the trigger gets squeezed.

But that's just me. Why do people always feel it necessary to convert others? Carry in whatever condition makes you happy and feel secure.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

I agree, not compelling to me. His points"

1 Speed. Article says it doesn't add much time. I respond with KISS (Keep it simple stupid)

2 It's easy to rack with one hand. Really? I say BS. Especially in a fight. Probably just me but I'm not interested in adding that to my already task loaded list. Especially where I see no safety concern anyway.

3 Not safe with most autos built before the 70's. Um, OK, I'll keep that in mind when I find an auto of that vintage. But I don't have one now so I'm not worried. And My glocks reside in holsters with trigger covered. No worries mate.

4 Safer for those with a lack of training. Well that's pretty easy to fix. TRAIN AND PRACTICE!
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

1 & 2 I do not agree with.

3. makes sense for Israel, when they had to call to arms numerous people with many many many different types and generations of firearms. Most people now days do not carry firearms from the 70's.

4. It's safer...for the bad guys! IMO it takes MORE training to become proficient in racking the slide during a fight.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not so great of an article, IMO. It looks to me like C3 is great if you're a supervisor who's more worried about explaining a negligent discharge than a KIA...
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    What's with the sudden spate of these threads about chambered/not chambered anyway? One Jurassic thread rose from the dead in the last day or two while the "carry hot or not" thread is still getting replies. Now a person who either names himself after a TV character whose only exposure to guns was Barney Fife and his tactical loading consisting of his one bullet in his shirt pocket, or another TV character from Sons of Anarchy who got beaten to death in prison last season, brings up the same topic as if it hasn't been getting enough attention for the last few weeks. I'll guarantee ya that if Opie from SoA would've pulled his Glock 17, it would've been with one in the tube if he wasn't in prison when he got jumped. Now Barney, on the other hand, well....Opie in this thread may well have learned from his example. LOL

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

This is from the article:

And their reasons for doing so are quite pertinent: a method of carry that allows safe carry with quick response time for (at that time) a largely untrained population with a diverse variety of firearms.
    The solution for personal self defense is simple. Know how to use the firearm you are carrying. That eliminates the two "needs" for not carrying a loaded gun.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by navylcdr View Post
    this is from the article:

The solution for personal self defense is simple. Know how to use the firearm you are carrying. That eliminates the two "needs" for not carrying a loaded gun.
    ^^^this^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    What's with the sudden spate of these threads about chambered/not chambered anyway? One Jurassic thread rose from the dead in the last day or two while the "carry hot or not" thread is still getting replies. Now a person who either names himself after a TV character whose only exposure to guns was Barney Fife and his tactical loading consisting of his one bullet in his shirt pocket, or another TV character from Sons of Anarchy who got beaten to death in prison last season, brings up the same topic as if it hasn't been getting enough attention for the last few weeks. I'll guarantee ya that if Opie from SoA would've pulled his Glock 17, it would've been with one in the tube if he wasn't in prison when he got jumped. Now Barney, on the other hand, well....Opie in this thread may well have learned from his example. LOL

Blues
    Thanks for the spoiler alert! Haven't watched in couple seasons but I've been meaning to catch up...eventually.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Thanks for the spoiler alert! Haven't watched in couple seasons but I've been meaning to catch up...eventually.
    I guess you mean the reference to SoA? Gotta admit, it's one of only a couple or three guilty pleasures I indulge in. New season starts Sept. 10. Already got my DVR set. LOL
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast