Xds .45 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xds .45

A large number of Springfield xds are being recalled for pretty serious problems, firing upon slide closure and double firing, and you want to know if you should run right out and buy one. No, you should buy two that way you can have one to carry while the other is back at the factory being reworked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich kid View Post
    A large number of Springfield xds are being recalled for pretty serious problems, firing upon slide closure and double firing, and you want to know if you should run right out and buy one. No, you should buy two that way you can have one to carry while the other is back at the factory being reworked.
    It's voluntary. Not a single case reported. Caught during QC as a very rare but possible issue. Nearly every manufacturer has recalled a weapon. I have put 1500+ rounds thru mind with zero issues. It's an awesome pistol.

4. Actually over in xd talk there's been a few reported cases. It's a very rare defect so they are bring overly careful. It's a design flaw that affects all the xds according to the person at the factory which I spoke with.

I truly love this gun,have never had a issue. Would highly recommend as a everyday carry.I carry mostly with a three speed because of the heat here I wear athletic shorts a lot and it conceals great,also have the N82 Pro,and ALIEN gear holster.this gun works and conceals great in all of them.

6. I agree and I be glad when mines come back.

I carry the XD-.45 with the four inch barrel, fits my hand better but still conceals nicely with an iwb holster. shoots like a dream and holds 13 rounds besides.

8. This is a great gun. You can't limp wrist it, though. I've been carrying it for a few months, and it is virtually undetectable. Can't wait for it to come back from the recall. I love using PJ Holsters, also. Very comfortable. Good luck!

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TroutStalker View Post
    It's voluntary. Not a single case reported. Caught during QC as a very rare but possible issue. Nearly every manufacturer has recalled a weapon. I have put 1500+ rounds thru mind with zero issues. It's an awesome pistol.
    last week a customer told me that he had the identical problem with his glock 17 - fired as he was chambering a round. Of course, glock doesn't recall anything; they issue "parts upgrades" to deal with faulty firearms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12