How long did it take to you feel comfortable? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long did it take to you feel comfortable?

Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by nontechguy View Post
    I don't remember. It was too long ago.
    Same here.

Nowadays I feel naked without a gun.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

My CHL was issued in mid March of this year. By the middle of April, I had gotten used to carrying and no longer felt self conscious about it.

At this point, if I have to go somewhere without my gun, I feel naked (as others have said) and unprepared. It's funny how quickly you feeling a little uncomfortable carrying to feeling uncomfortable not carrying!

-SF

Blog Entries
    My two bits? Comfort equals complacent equals negligent discharge. But you mentioned comfort being the wrong word, and as I dont give a sh.... about others thoughts about me it took all of about 10 seconds. Granted where I live no one cares if your carrying or not so that helps
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it

5. I use a belly-band style holster, but I don't carry very often... Every time I do, I'm very concerned that my pistol may show through my shirt.

6. I bought a pistol I knew I would carry because it easily fit into a pocket holster and into my pocket, so feeling comfortable with carrying wasn't an issue for me. My problem is that I'm a teacher and can't carry at school. So any location other than work is fine. However, if I leave work to go elsewhere without remembering to stop at home first, I'm not carrying. Taking that added step of stopping at home first has been a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by gravette55 View Post
    I bought a pistol I knew I would carry because it easily fit into a pocket holster and into my pocket, so feeling comfortable with carrying wasn't an issue for me. My problem is that I'm a teacher and can't carry at school. So any location other than work is fine. However, if I leave work to go elsewhere without remembering to stop at home first, I'm not carrying. Taking that added step of stopping at home first has been a problem.
    You can't even lock it up in your car? That sucks. Gas prices nowadays I don't blame you for not running home first. I live so far out it wouldn't even be an option if I had that problem.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

I never forget I'm carrying, but it took about a week to get comfortable with it. Now I feel uncomfortable without it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12