curious... what has concealed carry done for you? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: curious... what has concealed carry done for you?

Quote Originally Posted by dracer View Post
    it has helped me spend a lot of money
    That works for me and so does this...
    There is an old saying: "An armed society is a polite society".

After getting a CCW permit many years ago I became vey low-key. No conflicts. No arguments. Very easy-going. Unwilling to risk loss of CCW due to some altercation.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

"an Armed society is a polite society" -not sure who im quoting, but its true

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    I've learned that the words, "Shall Not Be Infringed" are meaningless, since I've had to ask permission to bear arms (as in, exercise my "rights") for about 30 out of the last 35 years, and can't buy (or bear) any NFA arms (or bigger) without inviting the federal government to crawl even further up my butt than they already are.

I've learned that the first half of the 2nd Amendment is likewise meaningless, especially in the South, and has been since the days of Reconstruction when anti-militia laws were put in place and are still enforced here in Alabama.

I've learned that any life that was left in the Constitution after Lincoln (et al) suspended it in the 1860's, was completely throttled dead in 1913 when the Federal Reserve and the 16th and 17th Amendments choked every last breath it even had the potential to draw right out of it.

I've always been the happiest, friendliest, most out-going 6'-6" 260 lb. long-haired, bearded, leather-bound biker ever there was though, so my disposition remains the same. The only thing that's changed in me politically-speaking, is that my illusions have been shattered. Luckily for me, during the same period of time, my delusions have been lifted spiritually-speaking. Praise The Lord. Maranatha!

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

It hasn't changed me much but I do feel comfort in being more prepared. I still don't go places I shouldn't, I still lock my doors, I still avoid confrontation and I still try to always be aware of my surroundings.

I am less stressed, more aware of my surroundings, and made different (safer) choices in employment.

I'm a better driver.
    -
    Seriously, I have found that I would rather pay more attention to the posted speed etc. rather than having attention paid to me. I no longer get that queasy feeling when I pass a radar trap on the highway, and don't have to check my rearview to see if he pulled out after me. Don't get me wron, I was never some out of control speed demon, but I would be more likely to push the limit if I felt everyone else was doing it too. I have been pulled over a few times since, but my last ticket was in the early 90's.
    -
    I have also become more aware of my rights and the laws. I hav e become more angry and vocal about those trying to infringe my rights, and have become more fluent in the laws that effect me pertaining to any self defense situation I might find myself in.
    Chief

Howdy,

Gee, I'm trying to decide how to respond to this thread.

I'm 49yo and I have been carrying since I was 17yo in one form or another.

I joined the Air Force at 17 and worked as a Security Police and Law Enforcement where I carried a gun on duty and off base without a permit or authorization.

Later on I was authorized to carry on and off duty, while on and off base.

I have never been a regular cop but I have worked for the State of Arkansas and the State of Texas and the Fed. Gov't where I was authorized to carry a firearm as part of my job. With the state/fed govt issued badge and ID was was able to carry 24/7 and even on commercial airlines.

By the time I "retired" from doing this I moved from Texas back to Arkansas and obtained a CCW permit.

So, since I've been able to carry a handgun all my adult life, not much has changed.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Besides the time I lost going through the licensing process (which thankfully, I'll never have to go through again thanks to my lifetime license), nothing has changed for me, except knowing that I can carry this tool with me and not worry about getting arrested if I'm caught printing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12