curious... what has concealed carry done for you?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: curious... what has concealed carry done for you?

curious... what has concealed carry done for you?

Just wondering what if any has concealed carry done for you other than the obvious..For me it was a life changing moment when I received my license.I was always pretty outspoken and short fused about pretty much everything.Like I said since recieving my license I think things out before I speak, I am in better control of my emotions and am just a nicer person in general. My wife has even commented on this change several times.I have had my license for quite a while and I'm a better person because of the responsibility required to carry.Don't get me wrong I'm still outspoken and will stand my ground if I think I'm right just in a more rational way.Wonder how all the gun control enthusiasts out there would like that story.Anyone else have something to add.Oh by the way I'm new to this site and really enjoy what I'm reading.Looks.like good group of Americans.

Burt, welcome to the forums and thanks for the post.

I can't necessarily say that I have "changed" so to speak, however age has mellowed me. I get animated about principles that I believe strongly in, but not so that I won't get to try to understand the other fellow's point too. I think when one is carrying, open or concealed, one needs to be prudent and tempered with one's emotions. Quite frankly, one should be like this regardless whether they are carrying or not.

A little history of me... I'm former Air Force, been in many sales jobs, worked as a financial rep, am a physics teacher currently, and volunteer with my county's Sheriff's unit. Each work experience has taught me something... no matter what you do in life, chances are you must interact with people. It's much easier to be direct and with a positive attitude... anything less ruffles feathers needlessly.

I'm glad to see you have had other unexpected positive repercussions from carrying. I look forward to hearing more posts from you.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Comfort! That's the key word for me. Knowing that I have a measure of protection with me in a semi-rural area where I am frequently alone. There is some drug activity less than a mile from my office and I have to drive through that area often.

Those are great answers THANKS

it has helped me spend a lot of money
    never leave your cave ... without your club Mark Walters

Sleep better when we were traveling in my RV. My wife and I would spend the night at rest areas, truck stops and some parking lots. We felt we were safer and could get a better nights sleep.

I can go where I want, I can wear what I want. I'm not intimidated, I'm not scared, and I can travel and drink and go to movies and walk down dark streets by myself.

In short, it's changed everything.

Best part for me is when I am on the Harley. There have been times when some mutt that thinks he's living the thug life pulls up next to me and gives me the stink eye stare. I just smile, and nod. When they don't look away, I start laughing. I know it pisses them off.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Knowing when the police are 15 minutes away I can protect myself and my family.

Quote Originally Posted by Burtboomer View Post
    Just wondering what if any has concealed carry done for you other than the obvious..For me it was a life changing moment when I received my license.I was always pretty outspoken and short fused about pretty much everything.Like I said since recieving my license I think things out before I speak, I am in better control of my emotions and am just a nicer person in general. My wife has even commented on this change several times.I have had my license for quite a while and I'm a better person because of the responsibility required to carry.Don't get me wrong I'm still outspoken and will stand my ground if I think I'm right just in a more rational way.Wonder how all the gun control enthusiasts out there would like that story.Anyone else have something to add.Oh by the way I'm new to this site and really enjoy what I'm reading.Looks.like good group of Americans.
    Burt: You are one very smart and responsible person and I agree with everything you say. I would add a healthy dose of situational awareness to the mix as another precursor to having to be in a situation where your CC becomes necessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast