Semi-auto or Revolver: What's the best CC for a female? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Semi-auto or Revolver: What's the best CC for a female?

Respectfully, If you're going to buy your wife a carry gun, she's not going to practice or carry it much.

As others have already suggested, take her to the range (multiple times) and let HER decide on the gun after she's had the chance to fire a lot. She not only needs to have a gun that she likes, but needs to understand that safety and practice, practice, practice are essential.
    G'Day and G'lock

Semi-auto or Revolver: What's the best CC for a female?

Take her to the range, rent a few types. See what works for her and let her decide what works best. Just my 2 cents. Good luck
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

4. I have a SigP938 and it racks easily. Perthaps looking at a Sig in 380 to see how it racks. My S&W 380 Bodyguard racks quite easy but not nearly as easy as the Sig.

As many have said "do not pick out the gun for your wife" it will haunt you if you do. As with their makeup, purse's, shoes, etc. It is what she is comfortable with! She is not you and lets hope you are not her. What you are comfortable with, she will not be as she has different needs. That NO MAN HAS THE ABILTY TO UNDERSTAND OR WHAT IS IN A WOMAN'S MIND. So let her take her time. See if there is a Ladies Group/Club in your neck of the woods. My Lady found a group at the Public Park Range that meets on a Saturday once a month. I encougered her to go. My weapons are a personal choice, just as yours are. With that said, Good luck! the caps are for emphasis (not yelling)
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Just for shigles and gets, buy an Ed Brown, Wilson, or full size Para 45-14, give it to her when she says it is to big for her keep it yourself and then take her to the range rent a few and let her choose. On a better note. My wife will only carry/use her S/W M15. I gave her a Lady Smith K frame .357 Mag, she hates it, it is in our safe. With speed loaders she is a good shot, we have retro-fanny packs, holsters and a "Day-Timer" carrier.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

Why does the revolver have to be hammerless?

If an enemy were distant or using cover to present a small target, then having the option of single action for the lighter, crisp trigger is a good thing.

I guess my first question is "Why are YOU looking for a gun FOR your wife instead of looking for gun WITH your wife?" Why is what YOU want to get your wife important?

I would much rather hear a husband ask "My wife and I are shopping for a gun for her. Where do you suggest WE start?"

I'm not being a smart azz here. I bring this to the table from experience. My wife has been a wheel gunner since the first revolver she ever picked up. I on the other hand moved to the semi-auto world early on. I've been trying to drag her into the 'Modern" world of pistols and finally I went out a bought her what I thought was the perfect pistol for her.

The pistol is part of the collection and she still carries the revolver. I didn't include her in the process so I lost the decision.

Take her shopping with you and let her pick out the one she can work.

JMHO
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Find a class that is for women and that allow the students to try several guns. The only reason you should ever buy a gun for your wife, is that you really want it for yourself, because she will not want or carry it. My wife has shot 9mm full size, .45 and 9mm in a 1911, compact 9mm, and even a .50 AE...and she still hasn't made up her mind. Unless she decides on something from one of the second or third tier mfrs (I'll say no names...not in the mood for flames), I plan to offer no suggestions and certainly no advice!

Only thought. If a gun may be fired from inside a gun purse, a revolver is a better choice than a semiauto, generally, because of the cycling slide of a semiauto.

Sent using Tapatalk...so please excuse the typos!

Quote Originally Posted by bowserb View Post
    Find a class that is for women and that allow the students to try several guns. The only reason you should ever buy a gun for your wife, is that you really want it for yourself, because she will not want or carry it.
    I think my husband tried that... but it kinda backfired on him! He sounded all excited when I said I wanted a second that would be easier to carry. Nope, not giving up my Chiappa! He wants one he can get his own.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Semi-auto or Revolver: What's the best CC for a female?

A loaded one.

~ We Reap What We Sow, More Than What We Sow, Later Than We Sow ~
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast