CCW quiz - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CCW quiz

Need more information. Is this the standard, single bar tire iron? Or is this the 4 way 'assault' tire iron?
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

I call 911 and prepare to defend myself if needed. I DON'T intercede.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

Wink Fact or fiction, truth or dare, either way this is some kind of game be run.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gauge View Post
    You are a legally able carry a concealed weapon.

You are driving down the road in your car. You are carrying your concealed weapon in a holster on your right hip with a shirt covering it. It’s approximately 11pm . It’s a road that is not in a populated area and the nearest town is about 3 miles away. There are no other vehicles, homes or dwellings in sight. There are two vehicles in front of you that suddenly stop. You are not able to proceed forward. In the vehicle in front of you (vehicle #1), you observe a person exit their vehicle and approach the vehicle in front of them (vehicle #2). You see that the person in vehicle 1 has a hand gun. He opens the door of vehicle 1 and you observe driver 1 pull out driver 2 forcefully. There is a struggle and you then observe driver 2 stand up and start kicking driver 1. Driver 1 is laying on the ground and you observe the handgun driver 1 was carrying laying on the road about 5 feet from each person. Driver 2 then returns to his vehicle and retrieves a tire iron and starts beating driver #1 in the head.

What exactly do you do from the time the vehicles stop. Provide DETAILS!
    This scenario wouldn't happen in a poorly written novel (dime store novel), driver one wouldn't want any witnesses if he is in fact committing a crime against driver 2, the driver 2 gets the upper hand and decides with a witness to the act commit aggravated assault with a tire iron instead of picking up the gun and defending himself (I am assuming these are 2 male combatants)
    ~
    I believe the statement "truth is stranger than fiction", but can not visualize this scenario happening even in a movie without the 3rd car's driver being involved in some fashion. Unless the posters intent was to acquire a response that would provide a common ground to criticize the gun community regarding their response. A) They are a bunch of cowboys for jumping in and defending unknown individuals without knowing what is going on, or B) Even though they are licensed to carry and are armed they will let people be assaulted right in front of them and only call 911 and leave you to your own defense.
    ~
    Responding either way a lose-lose proposition for the gun community. Everyone can call me a skeptic and send me extra rolls of tin foil for my body armor. I can not see responding to such a poorly veiled attempt at data mining against us.
    ~
    Other than comments above I have no response to your proposed scenario. You will have to be surprised in any event.
    ~
    Just my humble opinion. Dog
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    <null>

Other than comments above I have no response to your proposed scenario. You will have to be surprised in any event.
    ~
    Just my humble opinion. Dog
    Exactly what I was thinking, only I wasn't going to comment at all and just wait for the next report from DHS or SPLC or ADL to come out with a gaggle of quotes from this thread. HA!

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Recent posts have made me change my mind. Because I do feel like this is data mining, I will change my answer to what the liberal media and politicians think is the best way to deal with this situation.

I would stop my vehicle safely on the side of the road, put on my warning lights, get out and walk carefully over to the fight, and proceed to urinate on myself and driver 2. I'll make sure I am always very dehydrated and eat lots of asparagus just to make sure it's extra smelly. Driver 2 and I would then be safe from anyone.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Recent posts have made me change my mind. Because I do feel like this is data mining, I will change my answer to what the liberal media and politicians think is the best way to deal with this situation.

I would stop my vehicle safely on the side of the road, put on my warning lights, get out and walk carefully over to the fight, and proceed to urinate on myself and driver 2. I'll make sure I am always very dehydrated and eat lots of asparagus just to make sure it's extra smelly. Driver 2 and I would then be safe from anyone.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    Kinda of baiting the Left Chen???
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

8. I would call 911, but if this guy was getting beat with a tire iron, good guy or bad i would have to try to make him stop. If that meant pulling my gun to do so than be it,at least i would have my gun out if this person decides to drop the tire iron and go for his weapon. I believe i would be justified to fire to prevent the death of another.

9. Call 911, leave the phone on and connected and then exit the vehicle with the phone on my person. As a responsible gun owner I feel I would have to do what I could to stop driver 2 from inflicting fatal injury to driver 1. I would verbally order him to stop and inform him that I was armed. Since he is using a tire iron there is no reason to believe that he is an LEO or other authorized agent. I would keep my distance but would draw my weapon and force him to stop injuring the other driver. Protecting the life of another is a valid reason to use deadly force.

The only reason a "LEO" has a sidearm is for personal defence! He has no obligation to protect anyone from harm! He is authorised to investigate and make arrests, that is the only difference between the people and the "LEO". You have no duty to protect anyone just like the "LEO".

Police have no responsibility to protect individuals (reference)
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

11. Be a good witness call 911. Like most I carry for the defense of me and my family

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast