CCW quiz - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: CCW quiz

call 911 and be a good witness...get plates if able
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

it is not a homicide if driver 2 kills driver one in self defense...it is why you don't step in. you had the advantage when you saw the first driver try to extract the second and fail miserably. There is no moral judgement for me let it play out and let the car jacker get his.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Howdy,

At that point I would be thinking to myself:

"Damn! If I only had a beer and a bag of fresh, hot buttery popcorn!"

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

ezkl2230 Guest
    Ok. The detail of this scenario is just a little too specific for me to believe that this is just a hypothetical quesstion.

For the record, I agree with most of the posts that advocate for observing and reporting. At that time of night I'm not comfortable with the idea of getting out of my vehicle to render assistance if the area is secluded; I have on the rare occasion done so in town after driving past the scene to assess potential security risks and then returning once I have satisfied myself that trouble is not likely. I have already called law enforcement by this time as well.

My hesitation to get involved in any night scenario stems largely from time I spent in Peru in the late '80's. A favorite trick of the Shining Path terrorists was to delibdrately injure someone badly and then leave them by the side of the road so they could attack whomever stopped to render assistance. Armed or not, that's just a scenario I don't want to get involved with if I can absolutely help it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345