Should I carry at my daughter's wedding? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should I carry at my daughter's wedding?

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    All I can say is that I am so thankful that my wife of 25 years and I made the decision before we got married not to have kids. It wasn't a selfish thing, like no Honey, we couldn't keep partying 'til we puke if we have kids. It wasn't a financial thing, like no Baby Cakes, I ain't spending money to send a bunch of rug-rats through college just so they can live in the basement hoping for the windfall that comes from our early demise. No, the reason was simple.....

There was no internet when we got married. No way could we have made the monumental decisions like should we carry or not at our daughter's wedding unless we could first run it by about 52,000 total strangers for advice!

Sorry. I thought this might be a good thread just to explain our Planned non-Parenthood. Shwew! I've been holding that in for a long time! Now y'all can give me (us) the belated advice on whether or not to have kids that I (we) would have asked for back when Al Gore was still screamin' about global cooling and the New Ice Age! LOL

Good luck at the wedding no matter what everyone else decides for you, OP!

Blues
    And I thought I was the only one that remembered that in the 1970's all the news agencies were talking about how the earth was headed for the next Ice Age. LOL... thanks for letting me reminisce. We also have something else in common Blues.... no kids. I'm eager to hear the masses opine on that as well.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    And I thought I was the only one that remembered that in the 1970's all the news agencies were talking about how the earth was headed for the next Ice Age. LOL... thanks for letting me reminisce. We also have something else in common Blues.... no kids. I'm eager to hear the masses opine on that as well.
    So, wait... why do I remember that? I wasn't born until the 80's!

I have a kid, so can't comment on the no kids thing. Don't particularly care one way or another whether you have kids or not! I'm sure others will have plenty to say, though. :)
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

What most of the others said. If it's legal I carry. Sister's wedding. Dad's funeral. Church every Sunday. Out to get the paper. Walk down to the mailbox. Take out the garbage. I don't ask and I don't tell. If someone spots it, my concealment plan needs work.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    There was no internet when we got married. No way could we have made the monumental decisions like should we carry or not at our daughter's wedding unless we could first run it by about 52,000 total strangers for advice!
    I don't care what the other 52,000 think, that there's funny!

6. WOW,what a response. This wedding is in Western New York state, I have a CC permit ,so 100% legal. My biggest concern is that myself and more than half the people there , don't go into the city , no need to , don't like the crowds and the BS associated with it. Alcohol is a factor , but is never a problem with me . I'll have 6 friends there, that all have a cc permit, so I know at least 3 will carry because they never leave home without. Bottom line is ,I will discuss this with her and will abide by her wishes , as for anyone else that will be there , it will b their choice , This is my daughters day ,so whatever she wants , she will get. Thanks for all your comments.

As long as it's legal, why not?
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

If legal I would. I carry everywhere it's legal, including church.

At my youngest son's wedding the photographer staged the wedding party and then wants all the men to remove their suit-coats and sling them over one shoulder. We all looked at each other and at her insistent urging shrugged our shoulders and complied.

She was rather taken back but took the photos as presented --- the groom's father, bride's father, all 6 groomsmen, the groom and the preacher were all carrying.

Now if she had only known that 5 of the ladies were, too.

10. How naked will you feel without it?

How uncomfortable will guests be if you do?

Dad will be getting lots of hugs. Might consider an ankle holster.

Answer, it really depends on your comfort level and the quests. Depending on where you are in WNY it's a non-issue or a big issue. I'm guessing bigger issue simply because you asked. If we're talking Buffalo, CARRY!

FNWylde Guest
    Ever been to a wedding, even your own, where NOBODY got a hug, or close, and everyone just shook hands from a respectable distance? No, me either, never been to a wedding where nobody hugged, bear hugged, or put an arm around someone. So you're going to have contact with brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, party crashers and who knows who else. Some might think its a colostomy bag. The rest will probably figure it out pretty quickly, unless, like said earlier, maybe you ankle carry. Congrats on the wedding!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast