Post office lost my ccw state I.D.

Thread: Post office lost my ccw state I.D.

1. Post office lost my ccw state I.D.

Hello folks, new member here. I live in St.Louis, MO, and recently jumped through all their hoops to legally carry a weapon. Got my temparary permit, and was waiting on the real deal to come in the mail.

Well, it never came. I called the dmv, and they said it was mailed out Aug.23, which was 3 weeks ago. Called the post office, they don't know anything.

I was wondering if anyone knows what I should do.

Thanx in advance,,,,,,

Contact the state and tell them you did not get it. I would think they would issue a new one. Hell the state may have lost it.
    Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
    Oklahoma SDA Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor

4. Yes, that's the first thing I did. The department of motor vehicles, which issues the permits, said it was mailed out 3 weeks ago. Usps seems to know nothing.
    I believe it was probably delivered to the wrong address. Very concerning, because it has my name and address on it, and the fact that I own guns. I have attempted to contact the sheriff, but have so far been given the run around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugdog47 View Post

Thanx in advance,,,,,,
    Ask them to send you another one?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugdog47 View Post

Thanx in advance,,,,,,
    Ask them to send you another one?
    ^^^ This ^^^
    KSP had to send me another after I didn't receive mine.
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Unless it was mailed certified mail, which is doubtful, the Post Office has no way to trace it.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

Post office lost my ccw state I.D.

SSSSHHHHH. Don't give the govt any ideas---- I see it now thousands of new CHL license lost in the mail. Anyway contact them explain and go from there. GOOD LUCK
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

9. Yep, they said they'll give a new one, so I'll give it one more week, just to see if maybe it shows up.

Burtboomer, I had the same exact thought.

10. Update:

After calling everyone from my local postmaster to the governer, I think I have narrowed it down to the DMV. They are in a transition phase right now, and I've heard that Missouri sends all info out to Georgia, who prints out the real card. It's not the post office I blame anymore, it's the department of motor vehicle's fault.

Beware, anyone from Missouri getting their ccw right now is gonna get jacked around.