Tip for Successful IWB - Lose weight! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tip for Successful IWB - Lose weight!

Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    Could that be because your clothes fit looser when you're lighter? I'm down 2+ inches in my waist! but I haven't bought new clothes yet because I'm not finished yet. :-) I've got lots of room for isw. It'll still be awhile yet before I'm ready for appendix carry, though... :-)
    Of course it is. Once the clothes start getting tighter, the gun starts poking out or poking me in the stomach. Then I know it's time to step back from the table.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

At 5'9" and 135#, my P229 in a Blackhawk paddle conceals just fine for me in a t-shirt. Even though it may print badly, if the hoplophopes can't see it, then it can't see them.....:)
    A man must do what he has to do, ain't none of us getting out of this alive....I have it from a reliable source....
    There can be no love without pain; to show you the value of love......

Seems like a lot of us have "too short for our weight" issues. At 5' 7, and 200 lbs, I don't carry iwb much,I like my jeans too tight, but when I do I've found that my Kahr cw9 will ride very comfortably just tucked in my jeans
    in a cross draw position, without a holster. Tried to use holsters, I have several, none works. In the winter months, I just use owb holsters, and winter clothes keep it concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    I'm small, 5'2" and my weight can vary from 5 to 10 pounds in either direction. I've found it's a whole lot easier to conceal when I'm lighter. And it doesn't much matter where I'm carrying, pocket, IWB, or belly band.
    You left one out. How about a FLASH BANG? I just couldn't help myself!
    No offense meant at all!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

I agree kwc! Now can we take up a food collection for Sig1014?
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

The interaction between body shape and carry position plays a big role too. I have tried carrying strong side 4 o'clock IWB with a variety of kydex and hybrid holsters and have yet to find anything that conceals well enough - they all look like a tumor given how I'm shaped. LOL I am now investigating leather holsters...

Appendix position is working for me in the meantime, even though I do have a belly. Of course, I am free to wear untucked button-up shirts over t-shirts so that also helps :-)

I actually find that the excess bulge in my waist manages to hide my firearm even better. Kinda like rolling a blanket over it.

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    You left one out. How about a FLASH BANG? I just couldn't help myself! No offense meant at all!
    No offense taken. I didn't leave it out, I just don't have it. Actually the Betty IWB holster I have is either very close or exactly like the Flashbang with the only difference being a strap versus a metal clip. Both made by the same company. So...I tried it with my Betty. As far as being comfortable and concealing well, it's pretty good. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it actually goes inside one of the bra cups and does slightly change your bustline. Think: One larger than the other one. OK, that's your lesson in female anatomy for today. Lots of women like this holster and write rave reviews for it. Seems like the ones with bigger busts like it the best.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    No offense taken. I didn't leave it out, I just don't have it. Actually the Betty IWB holster I have is either very close or exactly like the Flashbang with the only difference being a strap versus a metal clip. Both made by the same company. So...I tried it with my Betty. As far as being comfortable and concealing well, it's pretty good. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it actually goes inside one of the bra cups and does slightly change your bustline. Think: One larger than the other one. OK, that's your lesson in female anatomy for today. Lots of women like this holster and write rave reviews for it. Seems like the ones with bigger busts like it the best.
    Yeah, I can't do it either. Did hear a fun story about the one of the first times it was used when she had just began making them...

A lady carrying a gun in a flashbang was attacked by a rapist. As he was coming towards her, she went for her gun. Of course, this necessitated yanking her shirt up and out of the way! He stopped in his tracks, very surprised, giving her PLENTY of time to get on target!
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Peggy R, Thanks for the great review. Something I can pass on to others from a real world experience. I have looked at it wondering if it could be rigged for a small of back holster. It would have the grip of the gun pointing down instead of up.
    Your anatomy lesson comment caused me to smile and remember a very, very sweet girl that gave me that very lesson back in HS! Can't go into details because that would be telling but thanks for the reminder.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast