Have you pre-arranged a lawyer? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you pre-arranged a lawyer?

Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. Not insurance, it's a fund... run by some very impressive people. Check it out.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

good site

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. Not insurance, it's a fund... run by some very impressive people. Check it out.
    Good site. At Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by alternety View Post
    The legal shield seems to just cover calling for advice. Second call defense pays a max of $50K for criminal defense under their highest priced subscription. That would be barely enough for a parking ticket.

Any other suggestions?
    I would like to hear about what you finally decide to do, if anything. Please report back.
    "I, sitting at my desk, certainly had the authorities to wiretap anyone, from you, or your accountant, to a federal judge, to even the President if I had a personal email". -American Patriot Edward Snowden

Have you pre-arranged a lawyer?

Yes completely happy with Texas law shield
    FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT THE TRUTH AS LONG AS IT'S WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR

My husband and I have called and spoken with a great lawyer in Michigan who is a CPL instructor and a 2nd Amendment proponent. He was wonderful. When I called him, he said he didn't charge for a retainer fee but kindly asked that we use his firm for our personal law needs because his Concealed Carry clients never seem to need him. He sent us laminated business cards with his cell phone and home phone and office phone numbers as well as his personal email address. He offers free email consults and free phone consults, within reason, and has been great.

My husband and I, of course, hope we never need to use a lawyer for a carry incident, but we wanted to at least make contact with a lawyer just in case. If anything would occur, the last thing I would want to worry about is if I can find a qualified lawyer who shares my views on 2nd amendment rights.

Like other posters, we have the phone numbers and contact information for our new lawyer programmed in our cell phones. I would encourage others to do the lawyer search ahead of time to be ready if ever needed.

Good Luck and God Bless!

Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
    I checked it out a few days ago, I am waiting for others to chime in on them.

I called a few lawyers in my area and talked to some. I found one that was also a CCDW permit holder who agreed to represent me in case I had to use my weapon. He gave me a number of different contact numbers for him so I could get ahold of him day or night. He said he does not believe in a retainer fee and that the money could be worried about if there was ever a need for his services. I spoke to him for quite some time and really liked his answers. So yes I have a lawyer 'on retainer' and I do think its a good idea to do so. If you ever have to use your weapon your head will not be in the right place to find a lawyer at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by nytetears View Post
    I called a few lawyers in my area and talked to some. I found one that was also a CCDW permit holder who agreed to represent me in case I had to use my weapon. He gave me a number of different contact numbers for him so I could get ahold of him day or night. He said he does not believe in a retainer fee and that the money could be worried about if there was ever a need for his services. I spoke to him for quite some time and really liked his answers. So yes I have a lawyer 'on retainer' and I do think its a good idea to do so. If you ever have to use your weapon your head will not be in the right place to find a lawyer at that time.
    Actually, I don't think you "have a lawyer". You have the name of a lawyer, but by taking a cash retainer, he would have then been contractually obligated to assist when you call. What you have now is a lawyer's name and phone numbers. If you have a shooting incident, he can take your call, listen to your situation, and decide to take or not take your case. While it's still better than just carrying around the attorney section of the yellow pages, it is less than a lawyer on call.

I just looked at ccwsafe.com, anybody else?

Quote Originally Posted by bowserb View Post
    I also have Texas Law Shield for myself and my wife, including the multi state add on. I have read of a couple of cases where they came through, so I have some confidence. They also publish an extraordinary booklet on concealed carry law. $9.95 by itself or free for members. If you are not a member, it's worth the $10 for a handy, concise reference.

Sent using Tapatalk...so please excuse the typos!
    We also have Texas Law Shield. Signed up the day we took our CHL class.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12