Road rage incident leads to deaths of 2 CPL holders....
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Road rage incident leads to deaths of 2 CPL holders....

  1. #1
    ezkl2230 Guest

    Road rage incident leads to deaths of 2 CPL holders....

    This is one of the few documented cases in which a CPL holder has been involved in a crime here in Michigan. No one knows what happened while they were driving, but both men got out of their vehicles, got into an argument, and then shot each other dead. Both were apparently MI CPL holders. 43 and 56 years old.

    Of course, this single event is exactly what the gun grabbers were waiting for to justify their argument that CPL holders are just waiting for the chance to cook off shots at someone. We'll conveniently ignore the fact that according to MI crime statistics (which I have been monitoring for years), such events involving CPL holders are so rare as to be statistically non-existent.

    WOODTV - 2 men dead in Ionia road rage incident | WOOD TV8

  2.   
  3. #2
    damn...over some dumb road rage incident?

    This is a very unfortunate thing...very sad for thier families...

    This is actually the first news-confirmed incident involving legal CCW's that I've personally read about.

    It almost certainly will be much-used fodder for the anti-gunners.

  4. #3
    "Stupid is as stupid does"

    Forrest Gump
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Battle Creek Mi
    Posts
    1,853

    Exclamation

    I 911 anyone that exhibits road rage, tailgates, drives erratically, crosses over the fog line multiple times, drives distracted, keeps hitting the rumble strips or the rocks on the edge, flips me the bird, in short mess up and you will get to talk to the police...

    I ride bike a lot and your bad driving habit's are not going to put me or someone else in the hospital!!

    and yes the police take the road rage calls very seriously...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,415
    The report is inadequate to document that both men were equally involved in a "road rage" incident. I can certainly envision a scenario where one guy tries to evade a road rager, thinks he has, pulls over to call police or just to calm down or whatever, and road rager shows up with guns a'blazing. In that case, Guy 1 would be doing nothing more nefarious than defending himself, and his involvement in the incident should be reported as such.

    At this point, with the report saying only, "...apparently in a case of road rage..." there's not enough to go on for anyone to conclude anything about both mens' involvement. Any coverage in that local area that subscribes to such inadequate conclusion-making, should be contacted by residents in huge numbers and told to get their reporting limited only to what is known, and refuse to report "apparent" conclusions at all.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    I 911 anyone that exhibits road rage, tailgates, drives erratically, crosses over the fog line multiple times, drives distracted, keeps hitting the rumble strips or the rocks on the edge, flips me the bird, in short mess up and you will get to talk to the police...

    I ride bike a lot and your bad driving habit's are not going to put me or someone else in the hospital!!

    and yes the police take the road rage calls very seriously...
    You call 911 if someone FLIPS YOU OFF???
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

    Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    I 911 anyone that exhibits road rage, tailgates, drives erratically, crosses over the fog line multiple times, drives distracted, keeps hitting the rumble strips or the rocks on the edge, flips me the bird, in short mess up and you will get to talk to the police...
    That's a little bit ridiculous dude. If you actually think that the police follow up on all of those calls, you're out of your damn mind. Yes, in the case of someone weaving across the road they might try to intercept the driver to test for impairment. But talking on the cellphone, flipping you off, tailgating you...people drive like ********, they always have, they always will. Live with it. The police aren't going to waste their time trying to intercept a driver on a cellphone when the only evidence they have is your statement, and even then, it's just a traffic ticket.

    WA just recently "legalized" weed. It's still illegal for anyone under 21 to posses any amount and for people over 21 to posses more than like 4 ounces. I contacted somebody at work the other night who literally had a pound of weed just sitting on their passenger seat. Contacted police, and guess what? They weren't interested in responding since it's just a civil infraction. Dude drove off weed in hand (or on seat rather).

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Battle Creek Mi
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    You call 911 if someone FLIPS YOU OFF???
    Yes I do, it is road rage pure plane and simple and often will lead to other forms of agression... so be safe rather than sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    That's a little bit ridiculous dude. If you actually think that the police follow up on all of those calls, you're out of your damn mind. Yes, in the case of someone weaving across the road they might try to intercept the driver to test for impairment. But talking on the cellphone, flipping you off, tailgating you...people drive like ********, they always have, they always will. Live with it. The police aren't going to waste their time trying to intercept a driver on a cellphone when the only evidence they have is your statement, and even then, it's just a traffic ticket.

    WA just recently "legalized" weed. It's still illegal for anyone under 21 to posses any amount and for people over 21 to posses more than like 4 ounces. I contacted somebody at work the other night who literally had a pound of weed just sitting on their passenger seat. Contacted police, and guess what? They weren't interested in responding since it's just a civil infraction. Dude drove off weed in hand (or on seat rather).
    Whose the one not on the mental straight road here??

    The one that accuses people of "being out of their damn mind" future road rage... or the one that calls 911 and then watches the police pull them over from a safe distace...

    I have watched mutiple times and the police do tend to take road rage very seriously, at least they do her here in MI, and in MO, IN, FL, TX, and AZ all states I have 911 some rude crude, (I would say dude but guys do not have exclusive rights to road rage) elitist fool...

    N FYI police love to hand out a easy and expensive ticket, yes they do stop and question, cell phone or DUI both look the same if you are behind them...

    So what is your response to road rage, escalate or attempt to escape which in many and this one simply does not work, or do you draw down on them Marshall Dillon...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,556
    I believe that an armed society is a polite society. Guess not everyone feels the same!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    You call 911 if someone FLIPS YOU OFF???

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Yes I do, it is road rage pure plane and simple and often will lead to other forms of agression... so be safe rather than sorry.
    Umm.....bullcrap.

    I have all the right in the world to let you know what I think of you, whether I do it politely (which I really don't how one might do if they felt strongly enough about you to flip you off) or profanely. It's called "freedom of expression," not "...road rage pure plane [sic] and simple." And I'll tell ya what, if you're following me while you're on the phone with 911 telling them my every move, and still behind me when I pull into my driveway, I'll flip you off again as I'm walking behind your car to get your tag number so I can identify the stalker who has followed me for the last several miles for doing or saying nothing illegal. I'll sue your dumb ass into freakin' oblivion! And win! This is pure *plain* and simple sophistry! Who the Hell are you to deem what looks to be a fairly well-deserved profanity hurled your way a crime worthy of involving cops in? And guess what cupcake? If you followed my wife home for anything so trivial as her flipping you off, I sure as heck wouldn't wait for the cops to get there before treating you as I would treat anyone who stalked my wife.

    If you get flipped off, it's probably because you were paying too close of attention to the car in front of you that you're already on the phone with cops about for some other infraction of your own "rules for road ragers," and you cut the flip-off driver off due to your own distracted driving.

    Good grief. If your sensibilities are so fragile as to have to call the cops for being flipped off, I suggest you get off the road, hide in your closet, curl up in the fetal position and cry it off before getting back behind the wheel!

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast