CC Not Allowed at Work
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CC Not Allowed at Work

CC Not Allowed at Work

I started CC but it is not allowed at my office. I work for a great company so I don't want to leave. I have a Nano gun "safe" for my car that I used to lock up my firearm when I can't carry it and Texas state law allows everyone to carry a gun in their car even on their employers parking lot. I keep going back and forth on how to go about this. My typical day I drive to work then drive home afterward or I drive to the kids school for some function. Part of me says to just leave the gun at home but I'm not listening to that part and I will keep it in my car. Wearing an empty holster all day feels awkward. Strapping on my holster just for the drive seems a bit silly. Maybe a holster that fits on the car seat would help that way it is accessible while I drive and I can lock it up when I can't carry it. I have also seen the magnets used to hold guns but i has anyone used those? If you leave magnets stuck to a screwdriver long enough the screwdriver becomes magnetized so would that happen to a gun. That may not be a huge deal but not something I want done to my gun.

I carry a XDM 9mm compact in a N82 Tactical holster. The holster can easily be removed and the most difficult part of putting it on is getting the shirt tucked in afterward.

What do others do who can't carry at work?

I'm still figuring that out... I work from home, but don't like carrying when I take my son to his jiu jitsu class. I can park right next to the door and one yell and suddenly there'd be several jiu jitsu/MMA instructors around me so I feel pretty safe (yes I realize I could die before they get there, but the likelihood of someone willing to deal with resistance of that type is pretty tiny)... plus the seats are very uncomfortable and the way I'd have to sit it would definitely print. They probably wouldn't care but there are a lot of kids around and I don't want to have to start a conversation with a kid that should be had with his parents, especially since he's in a class with 4 - 8 year olds. That young the "gun talk" needs to happen carefully and I wouldn't know them as well as their parents would. Besides, it would just be bad manners. I could purse carry, but I don't particularly like that. Probably will do that anyway, but haven't decided yet. The Sneaky Pete holster might be a good option... you could wear it at work empty without discomfort or anyone noticing it.

I've got a safepacker that can be used in a car fairly easily, but I've also seen holsters that can attach to the steering column. That might work as well.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

I also cannot carry at work. I have a Honda Accord than has a perfect sized cubbie under the hvac controls where I keep my gun. I use a PJ holster and it's pretty easy to clip on and off my belt so I just put the gun and holster together in the cubbie. I also have a remora holster I use sometimes as we'll. depends on if I'm wearing shorts with no belt.

5. I put a pair of scissors in my holster at work. I'll be damned if they ban my office supplies, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Baucum View Post
    I put a pair of scissors in my holster at work. I'll be damned if they ban my office supplies, too!
    Picturing that in my head made me laugh! I carry a Smith & Wesson tactical pen around when I can't carry firearms. Are they tactical scissors??
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Sighhhhhhhhhh.

It would be nice to even be allowed to legally stow my firearm in the parking lot at work.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Get the crossbreed supertuck or the king tuk holster. Youll be able to carry, tuck in your shirt and go about your business. I do it when I wear a suit to job interviews and noone notices.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Get the crossbreed supertuck or the king tuk holster. Youll be able to carry, tuck in your shirt and go about your business. I do it when I wear a suit to job interviews and noone notices.
    Like I said in my post I work for a great company and I don't want to leave and that includes getting fired. Carrying at work is not an option. Interviews would be a different story as long as there was not a proper sign posted there would not be a problem. When you are actually employed you must follow the rules laid out in the handbook or risk getting fired. I also would not advise people who have CC permits to break the rules of where they can and can't carry.

Employment is servitude. Only business owners have the freedom of being their own person, everyone else is a wage slave.

If an employer does not allow CCW, then I would do a risk assessment. If the risk is low then I would leave the gun in the car and just carry the knife. If the risk is high then I would find another job.

Also, can you get into a position to change the policy?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast