CC Ammo laws can be crazy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CC Ammo laws can be crazy

CC Ammo laws can be crazy

Here in OK, a person may legally carry a weapon that is capable of carrying different loads such as the Taurus Judge that can carry the .45LC or 410 shotshell. However if you have it loaded with a shotshell that has more than 1 projectile (Sabot/slug) you may not carry the weapon concealed. Why? Because in OK any weapon that fires a shell with multiple projectiles becomes classified as a shotgun. Regardless as to barrel length or if there is only 1 multiple shotshell it is still a shotgun and shotguns may not be CC. It is fine for home defense, but you just can't CC. Also here in OK a person my legally open carry anyplace they may be legally able to CC. BUT!!! they must also be licensed for CC to open carry. What are the crazy CC laws in your state? (Surly every state has got to have some sort of crazy CC laws.

3. One of my best friends wants me to move to Oklahoma and swore that the gun laws were few. I'm hearing more reasons why I would not want to move there. Anyway, the dumbest law I can think of here in Utah is that I could conceal a shotgun because of my CC permit but I can't conceal a knife that's considered "deadly."
    Sincerely......Batty

In Michigan, you may Openly Carry a firearm (pistols/rifles) into a School building (with Concealed Carry Permit), BUT you can NOT concealed carry into the school.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Oh I see this thread turning into a festival of people just making up crazy stuff, especially when the first three posters don't provide any cites for their particular brand of crazy stuff.

As for my state, PA... we have this thing called a LTCF. In essence it is a request from our state government that allows us the privilege of a God given right. Does anyone else have that?

Seriously, every law that has any restriction concerning anything to do with any weapon is a violation of the 2nd Amendment and therefore is crazy. The 2nd Amendment is not just about firearms, it is about the right to keep and bear arms (any arms).

There are restrictions on how long a knife blade can be... I can carry a firearm but I cannot carry an expandable baton. Everything about all these laws is just bat-shiite crazy. Why fan the flames and get a contest going as to whose brand of crazy is the craziest?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

When you think about it there is some sense to the nonsense. CC, IMO, means you are out and about in public and protecting yourself and others, with people around you. The idea that you will be firing off a shotshell with multiple pellets that do not just go straight to a target at a certain distance means that it could injure or even kill a bystander more so than a singe projectile. Seems to make sense to me. In your house, where, by definition, you are OC, all bets are off on what you have in the way of a firearm, its caliber, its ammo, and how you use it Sorry if I repeat, did not read all replies--just sayin

7. In Oklahoma there are only two different carry licenses. One is for revolvers only the other is semi auto or revolvers. And you do not need a seperate license to open carry. With that one license you can open or conceal carry.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Oh I see this thread turning into a festival of people just making up crazy stuff, especially when the first three posters don't provide any cites for their particular brand of crazy stuff.

As for my state, PA... we have this thing called a LTCF. In essence it is a request from our state government that allows us the privilege of a God given right. Does anyone else have that?

Seriously, every law that has any restriction concerning anything to do with any weapon is a violation of the 2nd Amendment and therefore is crazy. The 2nd Amendment is not just about firearms, it is about the right to keep and bear arms (any arms).

There are restrictions on how long a knife blade can be... I can carry a firearm but I cannot carry an expandable baton. Everything about all these laws is just bat-shiite crazy. Why fan the flames and get a contest going as to whose brand of crazy is the craziest?
    Wolf, in re to your comment about a lack of citation to support my comment, here is my source: Oklahoma Statutes Title 21 Chapter 53 section 1289.18 Sawed off shotgun and sawed off rifle-defined-violations-penalties A. "Sawed off shotgun" shall mean any firearm capable of discharging a series of projectiles of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury, with a barrel or barrels less than eighteen (18) inches in length and using either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion.
    This statue although from the 1971 gun laws is interpreted today to include the Taurus type handguns as I indicated. However according to the Oklahoma reciprocity laws for CC licenses from other states, if you have you license on you and this type of weapon is legal for CC in your state of licensure, you may legally CC it here. But I being an OK resident may not CC it.

SD - to the best of my knowledge, we have no silly gun laws. We don't really have a lot of gun laws at all.

Well, perhaps we have a silly non-law. With a CC permit, one cannot carry into a bar (over 51% of income from alcohol sales.) But there is no prohibition on OC into any such place.
    Never argue with a red-haired witch. It wastes your breath and only delays the inevitable. --the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    When you think about it there is some sense to the nonsense. CC, IMO, means you are out and about in public and protecting yourself and others, with people around you. The idea that you will be firing off a shotshell with multiple pellets that do not just go straight to a target at a certain distance means that it could injure or even kill a bystander more so than a singe projectile. Seems to make sense to me. In your house, where, by definition, you are OC, all bets are off on what you have in the way of a firearm, its caliber, its ammo, and how you use it Sorry if I repeat, did not read all replies--just sayin
    Or I could be OC outside my house in town, out and about. What do you mean "by definition" OC is only in your home???

Also, ever heard of a shotgun slug? It is one projectile.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote Originally Posted by davcommander View Post
    Wolf, in re to your comment about a lack of citation to support my comment, here is my source: Oklahoma Statutes Title 21 Chapter 53 section 1289.18 Sawed off shotgun and sawed off rifle-defined-violations-penalties A. "Sawed off shotgun" shall mean any firearm capable of discharging a series of projectiles of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury, with a barrel or barrels less than eighteen (18) inches in length and using either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion.
    This statue although from the 1971 gun laws is interpreted today to include the Taurus type handguns as I indicated. However according to the Oklahoma reciprocity laws for CC licenses from other states, if you have you license on you and this type of weapon is legal for CC in your state of licensure, you may legally CC it here. But I being an OK resident may not CC it.
    Thanks for the cite... I always find crazier, funnier in print.

So, in essence, if I were to carry my Glock 22 and use those .40 caliber shot rounds that are out and about now, my Glock would be considered a sawed-off shotgun. Very interesting. Disturbing in case I'm in an area that is snake infested. I'd just have to OC then.

However, my main point wasn't the citing. For instance the MI rule of OC in a school has been well-established on the forums. My main point was this type of question can lend itself to some tall tales. Kind of like the fish that I caught and each time the story is told the hands get further and further apart showing how big it was.

Again, thanks for the cite.

One question though. Your last sentence said if a visitor is allowed to CC that particular firearm in his/her state then they are fine to CC in your state, but a resident of OK would not be able to. Every state I have traveled in, I have had to follow the rules and regulations of that state. They have never given special dispensation for someone from another state and allowed them to follow the laws of another state. I'd be interested to see where that is true. Because if that is indeed true, that, my friend, would be the craziest law I have heard of concerning gun control and you would win the craziest law contest on this thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast