Bruised hip bone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruised hip bone?

Bruised hip bone?

I haven't been carrying regularly all that long (I generally don't have anywhere to go), and I just went on my first lengthy outing. I carry at 4-5 o'clock as that's the only place I can conceal, and when I took my holster/belt off, the front of my hip was bruised. It's not enough to stop me from carrying (obviously), but it is annoying. My belt goes right across there, and no, I can't adjust my pants. Women's pants don't work like that. I might not be curvy, but I'd still look ridiculous, and it'd be even harder to conceal. I like my belt, but maybe a wider, webbed belt instead of leather would help?

Anyone had to deal with this before? And how did you fix it?
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

3. I carry IWB usually at 1:00 and sometimes get a bruise on my leg from it after sitting. I found that if I shifted slightly, it was better . Maybe not moving pants, just shifting your weapon a bit will be enough to help.

Not sure what kind of leather belt you are using but when I switched from using a Looper Leather belt to a Wilderness belt (I'm using a frequent flyer 5-stitch wearing mostly jeans) I found it to be a lot more comfortable and I don't know how I ever did without the extra degree of adjustability. It is also sturdy enough to where the belt does not twist or cut into me when my holster and mag carriers are on.

Disclaimer: I'm not a woman and I assume you are since you're wearing women's pants but... hopefully this helps :-)

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    Not sure what kind of leather belt you are using but when I switched from using a Looper Leather belt to a Wilderness belt (I'm using a frequent flyer 5-stitch wearing mostly jeans) I found it to be a lot more comfortable and I don't know how I ever did without the extra degree of adjustability. It is also sturdy enough to where the belt does not twist or cut into me when my holster and mag carriers are on.

Disclaimer: I'm not a woman and I assume you are since you're wearing women's pants but... hopefully this helps :-)
    Hey you never know nowadays... I've seen guys shop for women's jeans to get that insane skinny jean look. But yes, I am definitely female! :)

And yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking... Hadn't seen one that looked comfortable enough (Don't know why I was missing Wilderness... duh!); there is a Crossfit one for women that looks nice but I'd rather skip all the extra compartments. And the neon pink! Yikes. Hopefully if it's thinner it'll be easier to conceal with... I do like my leather one a lot, but it is really thick...
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    Hey you never know nowadays... I've seen guys shop for women's jeans to get that insane skinny jean look. But yes, I am definitely female! :)

And yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking... Hadn't seen one that looked comfortable enough (Don't know why I was missing Wilderness... duh!); there is a Crossfit one for women that looks nice but I'd rather skip all the extra compartments. And the neon pink! Yikes. Hopefully if it's thinner it'll be easier to conceal with... I do like my leather one a lot, but it is really thick...
    That's why I like and recommended to you the 5.11 Tactical belt. They are designed for handgun carry (IWB and OWB) and the buckle (can you call the plastic retention in the front a buckle?) keeps the belt from loosening. If you need to tighten a little or loosen a little you can do this, unlike a leather belt where you have preset holes.

5.11 Tactical TDU Belt 1.75" Plastic Buckle | Official 5.11 Site

They also have them in 1.5" too.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    That's why I like and recommended to you the 5.11 Tactical belt. They are designed for handgun carry (IWB and OWB) and the buckle (can you call the plastic retention in the front a buckle?) keeps the belt from loosening. If you need to tighten a little or loosen a little you can do this, unlike a leather belt where you have preset holes.

5.11 Tactical TDU Belt 1.75" Plastic Buckle | Official 5.11 Site

They also have them in 1.5" too.
    Those look good too...

I think I need to win the lottery so I can have ALL of them.
    Modern Whig

As long as the plan includes new guns to fill them... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    As long as the plan includes new guns to fill them... ;-)
    Well of course! I figured that was so obvious I didn't need to mention it.
    Modern Whig

You could try the Ramora holster, it doesn't use a clip so you don't need a belt. I love mine. I was having trouble finding a comfortable place to keep my weapon. Once i got this holster I don't even notice that I have it on. I have yet to have it slip. I do wear a belt with mine but that is because I am in the process of losing weight and my pants are loose on me.

Those look good too...

Most gun owners don't need to win the lottery... all they have to do is put on Craig's List their entire box of unused holsters and belts and then they could afford more.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast