Everyone should carry concealed - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Everyone should carry concealed

Some of you are being a little harsh with the OP. I sense a little frustration in his comments, and I can understand it. All there is in the news about guns is criminals doing bad things. Never a story about bad guys being stopped by good guys with guns. However, the number of people getting concealed carry licenses is way up this year. In Texas the wait after the forms, class, etc. is as long as 2 1/2 months, due to the large numbers.
    -
    Other considerations. Many people go through the class and as a result are discouraged from carrying. Others, mostly women, find that concealed carry is inconvenient, uncomfortable, or impractical--for them. In many cases this is preferable. My wife, for example, has her CHL (actually twice now, as she got it, never carried and let it expire, then two years later decided to get it again). She still has not ever carried, and I don't press her on the matter, as I'm not sure she should. Besides lax situational awareness, she is IMO just plain careless. The way she walks around a department store, with her zip top purse unzipped, phone and wallet in clear view, I keep all the key numbers for reporting stolen credit cards and her stolen phone, in my wallet at all times. Out with kids in a park she says, "I'll just leave my purse in the car." And we even know someone whose purse was stolen from the trunk of her car!
    -
    No, not everyone should carry. In fact, I think that most of the people who should carry already know that and do. One more opinion...and you know about opinions, right?

Sent using Tapatalk...so please excuse the typos!

I carry open in NM, AZ no issues, carry concealed in Texas because we are not a enlightened as many open carry states, don't believe I see anywhere in the 2nd amendment where it states how to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    EVERYONE SHOULD CARRY CONCEALED, PREFERABLY WITH THE GOVT’S “PERMISSION”. The criminals (and the mental deficient) do every day, always in violation of the law and usually in violation of their probation or parole rules... and always for the sole purpose of victimizing the unarmed and the defenseless...

"Gun Malfunction Stopped Attempted McDonald's Massacre"

"Gun malfunction"?... I'd say "Divine Intervention" was the reason.

Note how long this cockroach roams around pulling the trigger while pointing at innocent children and adults... Had there been just one ARMED CITIZEN (whether legally or illegally) in that restaurant, we would not be reading about this... simply because the media will hide anything which shows that ARMED CITIZENS and GUNS are crime deterrents... and hopefully, save taxpayer money when some cockroach is shot dead!

What will it take people??

This sort of criminal activity happens every single day in our country... and as usual, the typical cockroach is involved... yet no one makes any noise about it... business as usual... Crooks get to pass "GO" without any resistance from those who pay for the game... "JAIL" is a temporary condition... death is permanent.

Go out and get a gun, you don’t need a permit to keep one at home. Practice with your gun, know its limitations, as well as yours, and be a part of the solution...not just one of the prey!

Keep this in mind...

"When evil presents itself and seconds count...the police are usually just minutes away"

Arm Up!!
    You do realize to whom you are speaking to when you post, right?

We do carry. We carry often, we carry open, we carry concealed. Some of us are forced to get government permission for a so-called right. Some of us do not have to do so.

Why do you state that we should ALL CARRY CONCEALED?

You do realize that there is a large contingency in these forums that only carry openly, right? For many states, the open carry rules do not require a government permission (such as PA, where I hail).

There are even a few states that require no permit, then there is Vermont who won't even issue any sort of a permit.

I guess what my real question is, what is the point of your post other than to tell all those that carry, that we should all be doing so, and irking those that carry openly because you say they should be carrying concealed?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by bowserb View Post
    The way she walks around a department store, with her zip top purse unzipped, phone and wallet in clear view, I keep all the key numbers for reporting stolen credit cards and her stolen phone, in my wallet at all times.
    Actually, I keep my purse at least half unzipped... That way I keep my keys quickly accessible and I'm not standing in the parking lot with my head down searching for them. Granted, I'm also paranoid about someone stealing my phone and try to keep a hand on it all the time... I really, really want one of these: Warrior Creek Inc It would make things so easy! And purse carry much more practical. If only I had $245 lying around... Maybe I can convince my husband I need it for Christmas?
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

I agree with carrying. I carry everywhere, unless there's a metal detector in my way. Now, what's up with the gun? Why did it fire outside and not inside? Thank the Lord, that was the case, but I still wonder why. Maybe he was wanting someone to shoot him, who knows.

Looks like he was not loaded or had a bad round in the chamber. A new round in the chamber fired properly in the parking lot.

I have found the easiest argument to make for a liberal to understand not only my need to carry, but theirs as well, is to ask them if they have ever watched the show "Cops". Almost everyone has at some point. Ask them if they have EVER seen the cops responding to a call do anything but show up after the fact and try to figure out what happened.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    EVERYONE SHOULD CARRY CONCEALED, PREFERABLY WITH THE GOVT’S “PERMISSION”...

What will it take people??

Won't take much more before we lose our 2A completely with "pro gun activists" who want everyone to get get permission from the government.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

10. and the OP blesses us with his opinion that we should all carry concealed with government permission and retreats.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

That's like wearing a t-shirt saying I'm a bad ass and can kick your ass. Someone will take the challange, and possibly succeed.

Sent from my ADR6400L using USA Carry mobile app
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast