How should I answer?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How should I answer?

1. How should I answer?

Recently I was asked, by a friend, whether or not I carried. (I want to be as discreet as possible and not publicize the fact that I do carry) How should I answer this question in the future? Oh, I quietly confirmed that I did carry to my friend but am wondering if I should have deflected her question with one of my own. Like, "why do you ask" ?

I think that realistically, any answer other than "no" will be interpreted as "yes". "Why do you ask?" = Yes; "I'd rather not say" = Yes; I'm sorry, but that's a private matter" = Yes. When asked, which is really very rare, I always answer truthfully.

Depends on the friend, and whether you really want to be concealed. I've never been asked by an acquaintance, but would say no to most people, same with one side of the family. There's many people I'd never tell, they'd go tell everyone they know....some are my family.

I friend I'd answer honestly... A stranger I'm not sure; it would probably depend on the situation.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by dlcra View Post
    Recently I was asked, by a friend, whether or not I carried. (I want to be as discreet as possible and not publicize the fact that I do carry) How should I answer this question in the future? Oh, I quietly confirmed that I did carry to my friend but am wondering if I should have deflected her question with one of my own. Like, "why do you ask" ?
    "Keep it secret, keep it safe." -Gandalf-
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

How should I answer?

I don't really care who knows among my friends and family. Some support it, most couldn't care less, some think I'm crazy for carrying one of those evil things around. They're my favorite. I usually make sure to open carry when I'm out in public with them.

The correct response is, "Yes...don't you?"

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    I friend I'd answer honestly... A stranger I'm not sure; it would probably depend on the situation.
    Momma always said to not talk to strangers... that's what I do.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

This is a personal question. If you carry openly, you can just point to it, and say "Ummm... see?"

If you carry concealed, there is probably a personal reason why you are hiding it. Do you want this friend to know? Do you care if this friend knows? Who are you hiding it from?

These questions answered will direct you to what you can/should say to your friend.

If you are really looking for a PC way of answering the question without revealing anything, look at them very seriously and say, "I'm very uncomfortable talking to you about what may or may not be under my clothing."
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Personally I don't care who knows I carry. Since I made the decision to carry open and carry open daily, I have become less concerned about who knows I'm carrying be it openly or concealed.
    ~
    You and only you can make the decision about declaring to friends and/or family about your carrying a firearm. In fact we are in the position to make it any easier for you to make that decision. You must live daily with what you decide and you must be the one to decide.
    ~
    I offer this from my experience; once I made the decision to open carry I didn't concern myself with who knew or didn't know I was carrying, but that is just me. This is not being offered as advise.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast