SR40c - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SR40c

Before the rush to buy guns last November (2012) I bought mine for $399.00 at a Texas gun show.

3. I have a sr40c. Nice shooter. Nothing bad to say about the sr40c. To me it feels like it has less recoil than other .40 i have shot.

It is my main carry gun along with my lcp.

I had a sr9c but got rid of it to cut down on some guns.

I own a Ruger Sr40c and it absolutely disappears when carried a Crossbreed SuperTuck. The gun shoots very well and has been 100% reliable. My only complaint with the gun is that the grip seems to be a bit small for my apish hands and can be difficult for me to hold onto.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Bryant View Post
    I own a Ruger Sr40c and it absolutely disappears when carried a Crossbreed SuperTuck. The gun shoots very well and has been 100% reliable. My only complaint with the gun is that the grip seems to be a bit small for my apish hands and can be difficult for me to hold onto.
    I tried the ARCHED back plate for the grip, it was too big for my hands, but the flat side (Just remove and flip it over ) was perfect for my average hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Bryant View Post
    Are you using the 10rnd mag or the 15rnd mag? I myself have "apish" hands and I agree the 10 rnd mag is difficult but the 15 rnd fits like a glove.

Sent from my MB860 using USA Carry mobile app

Whenever carrying concealed I prefer to use the 9 round magazine without the pinkie extension for the better concealment but I have also been known to carry with the 15 rounder on occasion. It may sound odd but for me the issue with the grip isn't so much the grip LENGTH as it is the actual girth of the grip. No matter how tightly I squeeze there always seems to be some play on the sides of the grip. The full length magazine is definitely a little more controllable though.

8. Well finally made a decision. I was back and forth between the SR40c and the M&p 40c. I had a heck of a time choosing and I went with the SR40c. Mainly because the reviews were really good on both but, the trigger on the SR40c I think beat the M&P in most if not all reviews. From what I gather either would have been a great choice but the SR40c got the win on the trigger. Yea people complain about the thumb safety and LCI and I admit the LCI was a tough sell but I accepted it and if I went with the M&P I would have gotten the thumb safety anyway so it came down to the LCI so, I wasn't going to let that stop me from what I thought was the better of the 2. I have shot the SR9c and loved the gun so, I think the SR40c was the better choice. Thanks

Love mine! Welcome to the club!

Love My SR9c!
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12