Was I wrong - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Was I wrong

Yes
    A man must do what he has to do, ain't none of us getting out of this alive....I have it from a reliable source....
    There can be no love without pain; to show you the value of love......

Hey Mudhumper! There's an article on this very site about brandishing. Maybe it'll tell you if you're right or wrong. At least read it and see.

Brandishing and Improper Exhibition of a Firearm - USA Carry
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

4. WOLF, (BTW are you in NC) i guess, like BLUESTNGER said the LE is the last ones i would call. it is very doubtful if they would have done anything anyway over a ring. that is probably one of the differences we have.

Was I wrong

All I have to say is: stop calling each other stupid and ignorant when you crucify your native language so horribly. Yes, I am the Grammar Police, and one of my most common citations is Gross Irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rakes View Post
    WOLF, (BTW are you in NC) i guess, like BLUESTNGER said the LE is the last ones i would call. it is very doubtful if they would have done anything anyway over a ring. that is probably one of the differences we have.
    Yep, we definitely do differ on that one. If I had a Craig's List posting of a ring that was being sold that was stolen and belonged to a friend of mine. I'd print out that posting, give it to my friend... even accompany my friend to the police department and say, "Hey, officer, my ring's been stolen, this drug abuser is selling it. Could you please intervene and retrieve it for us?" Then I wouldn't have put myself any where near the vicinity of a known drug abuser who, you know, might get irrational and try to stab me. But, like you say, we differ on this.

Now concerning whether you think the police would have done anything. A neighbor of mine had stolen some inexpensive fishing equipment from other neighbors in the area. He then posted the equipment on Craig's List and guess what.... the cops called to purchase it and then busted him. Imagine that, over inexpensive fishing equipment. And, even more amazing, the cops then returned that equipment to their rightful owners!! But, you are probably right, over a ring, they probably would have just left well enough alone.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

7. I may have missed it, but was a police report filed when it was stolen? If not, why not? You say it's stolen, he says its not. He said, she said and consider yourself lucky.

Recommendation, go through your house and film your entire house and contents. Make sure to capture any serial numbers, &/or special markings. Keep a copy outside the residence in a safe location. 1. If your house burns down you proof of what you owned for the insurance company to ensure you get a fair shake. 2. If you're burglarized you take your copy, and any paper work to a police substation to file a report. This way, when it shows up on Craig's List you can have LEO retrieve your property, and not put yourself in a compromising position.

Many municipalities even have an ordinance on discharging a firearm within the city limits. Had the druggie said you came on private property to rob him, & you shot at him there would be a totally different outcome IMO.

8. Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    All I have to say is: stop calling each other stupid and ignorant when you crucify your native language so horribly. Yes, I am the Grammar Police, and one of my most common citations is Gross Irony.
    personally LOCALGIRL, i wished a lot of them would stop the progressive thing of name calling period. it is a very childish thing to do.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456