Decent short article about .380 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Decent short article about .380

Now where did you get "elk" out of my post? are ALL animals "elk" to you? half of the states aint even GOT any elk, ferchrissakes. the sort of critters available for testing with ccw's are possums, coons, chucks, nutria, armadilloes, skunks and the like. After you've had a few of them run off from chest hits with .45 ball, you'll be a lot less inclined to believe the bs war stories about its great power. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    Now where did you get "elk" out of my post? are ALL animals "elk" to you? half of the states aint even GOT any elk, ferchrissakes. the sort of critters available for testing with ccw's are possums, coons, chucks, nutria, armadilloes, skunks and the like. After you've had a few of them run off from chest hits with .45 ball, you'll be a lot less inclined to believe the bs war stories about its great power. :-)
    An elk is a logical animal to hunt, and there are a bunch of them here. My neighbor once was late to work because one was blocking his driveway. I simply picked an animal I know people enjoy hunting and eating. I've never heard of anyone hunting for a skunk. Nutria for fur, definitely, but then you wouldn't want a hole in the pelt so you'd probably trap it. Hunting is one thing, though I'm not a fan... I'd do it if I needed to survive but that's about it. Shooting animals just for fun or to "test" is beyond my understanding.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

ok, just go ahead and believe the bs put out about how "jello testing" is representative of what bullets do in live targets, then, your loss, not mine. Many animals are vermin or trouble for humans, in one way or another. Did you know how the dog pounds kill their dogs after a 30 day stay (and no adoption)? They choke them for 30 seconds or so on poison gas. A bullet to the back of the head is 1000x more humane. Not that such would serve to test a given hp as to its expansion/penetration, you understand, but just to illustrate that massive numbers of animals are killed every day, without being eaten,and not for sport, either.

I'm not relying on any testing. Either one bullet will stop a bad guy (not drop, stop), or I'll pull the trigger again. Repeat as necessary.

And yes, there is lots of senseless animal killing and torturing out there, and a bullet in the head is far more humane. Doesn't mean I want to be a part of it. I've never had a vermin problem, so it's not necessary for me to kill anything here. Even the prairie dogs stay away... There's a fox living at the end of my yard, and she's very handy to have around!
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

6. Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    OK, the point of the article was that if you don't have it ON you, you can't defend yourself with it.
    Applies to any firearm, not just .380. Wasn't necessary to stress the .380 thing. Any weapon you don't have on you would apply. I stand by my comment.

7. Perhaps the article title was misleading. The article IMO should have been called why why a small frame is better than a big frame handgun. But not as many people would have read it and that is what authors want you to do.

Go Seahawks!

Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    Go Seahawks!
    Who are no longer among the ranks of the UNDEFEATED!
    If my handle on here didn't give it away, I'm a Saints fan (btw, 2-7-10 was the date of their Super Bowl victory. I had to figure out a number to use)
    Chief

9. Decent short article about .380

Ha ha Yes the Hawks lost... I suspect we will see you in the playoffs; the Saints look good with your WSU QB at the helm :)

Go Seahawks!

I was born in Indiana, and when I was three I remember playing football with my dad. My favorite team was the Colts, but I always pretended to be John Elway. I now live in Colorado, but I'm still a Colts fan... but Peyton Manning is now playing for the Broncos! Funny how it works... I want to find a Manning Colt's jersey and wear it to a Broncos-Colts game.
    Modern Whig

wth has this baloney got to do with guns,hmmm? take it to some sports forum.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast