Concealed vs Open carry - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 115

Thread: Concealed vs Open carry

  1. Quote Originally Posted by topgun47 View Post
    Perp one sees that you're armed as he walks up from behind you. He pulls your gun out of the holster and sticks it in your ribs and pulls the trigger. No need for a perp two, you're dead.
    Yup
    Itís a rule of nature you only get to show your ass so many times before someone hands it to you.
    It is my opinion that there are people in this world who will take one look at your openly displayed firearm and view it the same as if you walked up and dared them to take it and sooner or later one of them is going to take you up on it.
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

  2.   
  3. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    OK... Here is your draft...

    Walking alone, bad area but with a concealed gun.
    Perp one walks up and asks you a question. As you assimilate this clown, perp two steps up and shoves a gun under your nose.

    With the above scenario.... Explain how carrying concealed gives you " the edge " in this situation...

    You are now effectively "behind the curve"... Period.

    Oh and by the way... Carry as you see fit but don't talk to me about the "element of surprise" when in fact, you are behind the curve...


    Sent from behind enemy lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by topgun47 View Post
    Perp one sees that you're armed as he walks up from behind you. He pulls your gun out of the holster and sticks it in your ribs and pulls the trigger. No need for a perp two, you're dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    Yup
    It’s a rule of nature you only get to show your ass so many times before someone hands it to you.
    It is my opinion that there are people in this world who will take one look at your openly displayed firearm and view it the same as if you walked up and dared them to take it and sooner or later one of them is going to take you up on it.
    Apparently these two didn't understand the question from you Charles. Statistically, a concealed carrier would be the one to have to deal with your draft scenario. Let's look at a website I stumbled across recently to see how well these situations turn out. It would seem, out of the hundreds of concealed carriers, it's a crap shoot as to whether you will survive without ruining your life either physically, emotionally, or financially. Interesting though...no stories about us open carriers getting picked on, sooner or later...or at all....

    Fictitious stories about firearms with no statistic evidence to support them, and they wonder why we think they are anti gun? Oh but it's not about statistics or facts...it's about feelings and opinions...what a nice liberal heart warming argument...
    ďOne of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.Ē Ė Ralph Waldo Emerson

  4. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Apparently these two didn't understand the question from you Charles. Statistically, a concealed carrier would be the one to have to deal with your draft scenario. Let's look at a website I stumbled across recently to see how well these situations turn out. It would seem, out of the hundreds of concealed carriers, it's a crap shoot as to whether you will survive without ruining your life either physically, emotionally, or financially. Interesting though...no stories about us open carriers getting picked on, sooner or later...or at all....

    Fictitious stories about firearms with no statistic evidence to support them, and they wonder why we think they are anti gun? Oh but it's not about statistics or facts...it's about feelings and opinions...what a nice liberal heart warming argument...
    Since I can only "Like" a post once, please allow me to reinforce that with....
















    Thanks Brother.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  5. #74
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by topgun47 View Post
    Perp one sees that you're armed as he walks up from behind you. He pulls your gun out of the holster and sticks it in your ribs and pulls the trigger. No need for a perp two, you're dead.
    Not even close.... My gun does not just "jump out" of its holster for anyone.
    It's called "retention holster" for a reason.... Look it up..




    Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

  6. Not reported and never haqppened are not synonyms
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

  7. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    Yup
    Itís a rule of nature you only get to show your ass so many times before someone hands it to you.
    It is my opinion that there are people in this world who will take one look at your openly displayed firearm and view it the same as if you walked up and dared them to take it and sooner or later one of them is going to take you up on it.
    Have you taken into account how many times on this issue alone you have shown your ass?

    If the rules of nature are as you describe, you may want to cover that gerbil shack-crack up post-haste.

    Fact is, your so-called "opinions" on the issue are nothing more than a blatant and inexplicably raging bigotry against people who choose to exercise their rights their way instead of your way. You have zero substance in your "rationale" for actively and vocally opposing OC, as compared to simply making a decision of preference not to partake. Just saying that OC is tantamount to "daring" somebody to attempt to victimize the OC'er, and describing the act as "showing your ass," is only one post among several that proves that you actively oppose it.

    Whatever you really are, you are no friend to the 2nd Amendment.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  8. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    Not reported and never haqppened are not synonyms
    I've been asking for cites and/or links to open carry gun grabs in a number large enough to be more than a statistical rarity.... so now...

    Do you actually mean to say that there are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of gun grabs from open carriers that have gone totally unreported?

    Your unsubstantiated fears about open carrying and the reality of decades of statistically uneventful open carry are not the same thing.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I've been asking for cites and/or links to open carry gun grabs in a number large enough to be more than a statistical rarity.... so now...

    Do you actually mean to say that there are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of gun grabs from open carriers that have gone totally unreported?

    Your unsubstantiated fears about open carrying and the reality of decades of statistically uneventful open carry are not the same thing.

    Not at all, I have maintained from the beginning that open carry itself is rare enough that if every open carrier got their gun grabbed it still wouldn’t be a huge number of incidents. This is the same reason you don’t have large numbers of albino people with cancer, albinism is pretty rare to begin with so if they all got cancer it still wouldn’t amount to a lot of cases over all.

    You have accepted in the other thread that open carry does involve some element of risk, we both agree on that. What we don’t agree on is how high that level of risk is and whether or not we’re willing to accept it. I’m not a political activist and in Oklahoma I still need a permit to open carry so there’s no benefit to me to outweigh the perceived risk and I opt not to open carry.



    BCI said it in the other thread and it’s true on every forum I’ve ever participated in there seems to be a small number of vocal open carry advocates that band together and get very defensive towards anyone who doesn’t speak positively about open carry and label them as anti gun rights. I think it hurts your cause
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

  10. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I've been asking for cites and/or links to open carry gun grabs in a number large enough to be more than a statistical rarity.... so now...

    Do you actually mean to say that there are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of gun grabs from open carriers that have gone totally unreported?

    Your unsubstantiated fears about open carrying and the reality of decades of statistically uneventful open carry are not the same thing.
    Not at all, I have maintained from the beginning that open carry itself is rare enough that if every open carrier got their gun grabbed it still wouldn’t be a huge number of incidents. This is the same reason you don’t have large numbers of albino people with cancer, albinism is pretty rare to begin with so if they all got cancer it still wouldn’t amount to a lot of cases over all.

    You have accepted in the other thread that open carry does involve some element of risk, we both agree on that. What we don’t agree on is how high that level of risk is and whether or not we’re willing to accept it. I’m not a political activist and in Oklahoma I still need a permit to open carry so there’s no benefit to me to outweigh the perceived risk and I opt not to open carry.



    BCI said it in the other thread and it’s true on every forum I’ve ever participated in there seems to be a small number of vocal open carry advocates that band together and get very defensive towards anyone who doesn’t speak positively about open carry and label them as anti gun rights. I think it hurts your cause
    If you didn't mean to try to evade providing cites and/or links to actual incidents by saying:

    Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    Not reported and never haqppened are not synonyms
    Exactly what did you mean?

    Nice try at wording it to seem as if your argument concerning the degree of risk of open carry was compelling enough to get me to accept that there is some element of risk to open carry when the fact is I never disputed that even before you ever entered this now forum wide discussion about how you don't like open carry.

    What I find interesting is you are still putting forth the idea that open carry is fraught with the danger of a gun grab yet haven't presented any actual factual cites and/or links to a number of incidents that would support that view.

    And instead of coming up with facts you have the example that even if every open carrier had his gun grabbed that would still make gun grabs a small number is disingenuous at best since... we aren't talking about how large the number of actual gun grabs happen... we are talking about how large the number of gun grabs from open carriers that have actually happened. And you also throw in a reference to cancer amongst albino people being rare because albino people are themselves a rarity without understanding the actual reference to how many albino people get cancer would be truthfully expressed as a percentage of albino people who have had cancer. You know... like the truthful number of open carrier gun grabs would be expressed by a percentage of open carriers who have had their guns grabbed.

    It appears to me you are grasping at straws in the hopes you can avoid presenting actual facts by dazzling folks with evasive arguments.

    Here is the bottom line.........

    Got cites and/or links to actual factual incidents of gun grabs from open carriers in a number that is more than a statistical rarity just drawing from the decades of open carry in Arizona to support what you consider to be a high level of risk?

    Facts... show us the facts instead of endless attempts to obfuscate the issue with evasive disingenuous examples that have nothing to do with actual factual... ummm... facts.

    And every forum I have participated in seems to have an endless stream of anti open carry folks who say they support open carry while posting a barrage of unsubstantiated fear mongering about how dangerous open carry is. And it seems those folks all share the common traits of being long on ridicule, insults, fear mongering, and an aversion to providing facts to back up their assertions. I am convinced these folks are hurting the right to bear arms because their arguments against open carry are also arguments against the right to bear arms itself... which, in my not so humble opinion, does make them a "lite" version of anti gunners... and also makes them allies of the rabid anti gunner since the rabid anti gunner and the anti gunner "lite" share the same attitude of wanting the right to bear arms fit their own personal idea of what is "reasonable", "appropriate", and "acceptable".

  11. #80
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by topgun47 View Post
    Perp one sees that you're armed as he walks up from behind you. He pulls your gun out of the holster and sticks it in your ribs and pulls the trigger. No need for a perp two, you're dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    Yup
    Itís a rule of nature you only get to show your ass so many times before someone hands it to you.
    It is my opinion that there are people in this world who will take one look at your openly displayed firearm and view it the same as if you walked up and dared them to take it and sooner or later one of them is going to take you up on it.
    All I can add is this little nugget to you both....




    Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast