Should staff and teachers be able to carry in Schools? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Should staff and teachers be able to carry in Schools?

Quote Originally Posted by SigShooter77 View Post
    Most police officers are not highly trained when it comes to weapons proficiency. Every one that has attended a shooting course that I have been in has been mediocre at best. This is not meant to lambaste all officers in general but to point out the error of assuming that all police officers are highly skilled with a weapon. Police officers just like the general public possess a variety of individuals with broad ranges in skill.
    I agree with you. I see this each time I qualify. There are some that barely make the qualifications and others who are trying to see when they fire six shots center of mass, if they can get all six casings to be in the air at the same time and still get great shot placement.

One thing to be mindful of, is how LE are trained. They are not trained to keep their shots in nice tight 1"x1" squares. They are trained to draw as quickly as possible, and they are trained to go center of mass. When that does not work, they are trained to go ocular cavity.

This is great training (if you are a good shooter to begin with). However, there are some that aren't good to begin with and they are then being trained to be fast too. This is when problems arise.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

As a former educator (retired) I often advocated for trained administrators, teachers and support staff to be able to carry concealed and/or open on school grounds. Making, and advertising via signs at school entrances, schools as gun-free zones only invites the nut jobs to walk right in and know they won't be challenged by an armed staff member. This only makes our students and school staff sitting ducks. I was happy to see some states and school districts make this possible and hope that more do. Schools being able to post that staff are armed would be a great deterrent to school shooters.

ezkl2230 Guest
    I posted this as its own thread, but it applies here, too. The Sec. Gen. of Interpol recently went on the record that the best way to deal with terrorists and mass shooters is to let citizens legally carry their firearms.

Just keep taking guns out of the hands of good people and we will stop all those crazy shooters. I mean how absurd it is to think armed teachers
    could ever stop a shooter. No Guns signs are there to stop the shooters.

6. Guns for those in schools

Quote Originally Posted by Babarock View Post
    I think it should be up to the individual teacher or staff member. I also think all staff should have the appropriate training regardless of their choice so they may handle situations as they arise.

i agree something has to be done to protect our children as time goes on mire and more of these keep happening something has to be done are children are our future no pun intended and the most precious and defenseless things in our lives

I submit this photo as proof that protected school staff is of no harm to the students.
    ~
    Should staff and teachers be able to carry in Schools?-armed-school0001.jpg
    ~
    This is my fathers machine trades class at Columbiana County JVS, Lisbon, Ohio, early 80s dressed for Halloween.
    ~
    Yes, today this would not be politically correct, but today is a different world.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

As a kid, me and my friends used to bring our guns to school and keep them in our lockers so we could go bird hunting in the woods at the back of the property when school was over. It was no big deal. I still have my first gun, a 22 tube feed bolt action, my grandfather gave to me... it's a Western Field. In those days, you bought one right along with your bluejeans and a new washing machine. It doesn't have a serial number on it, didn't see a need for such stuff in those days either. I miss those days.

9. Hi everyone, I'm a mother and I would love for teachers/staff to be able to carry. Think about it if some crazy walked in and didn't have any idea that there was armed staff there would be a lot less school shootings I believe, but who knows with the world today and some of the crazy people in it. Our kids and their educators need a fighting chance so I say "yes" let them carry

Quote Originally Posted by coachdb18 View Post
    As a kid, me and my friends used to bring our guns to school and keep them in our lockers so we could go bird hunting in the woods at the back of the property when school was over. It was no big deal. I still have my first gun, a 22 tube feed bolt action, my grandfather gave to me... it's a Western Field. In those days, you bought one right along with your bluejeans and a new washing machine. It doesn't have a serial number on it, didn't see a need for such stuff in those days either. I miss those days.
    I can relate to this, when in HS I would run my trap line before school and get on the bus about a mile from my house, the driver knew what I was doing. Always carried a .22LR pistol with me for varmints that go bump in the night. Never had anything said until one Friday when I forgot to take home my gear and left a small muskrat in my locker over the weekend. Someone did say something about the whole situation then. Man did that critter stink up the joint. Just gotta love the 60s.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

I don't even think it has to be mandated, just allowed. Simply making it known and posting that teachers are allowed to carry will have a deterrent effect. Criminally insane people will then go to malls...
    Chief

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast