Magazine pouch?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magazine pouch?

Magazine pouch?

I've been looking for something to carry extra magazines in while CCing, but haven't found any I like yet. IWB would be preferred, unless there's some low-profile ones out there I haven't found. I'd prefer something that's canted as well. Most are just plain too big. I haven't got a lot of space to work with; I'm not long in the waist and haven't got much room beyond my holster. It'll be worn at about 7-8 o'clock. And, of course, not too expensive.

Yeah, I'm being picky, but I haven't got much room to work with!
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

3. I haven't been able to find just right one either, but I have been using a leather knife sheive OWB one mag. Bystanders think it is just a knife.

Magazine pouch?-mags.jpg

I got this freebie when I bought a Remora Holster. Didn't have a choice on size, so I think it is designed to fit "most" mags. Since it can expand to hold a double stack mag, I did a little modification to keep my carry mags (LC9/LCP) from going too far into the pouch (just punched some holes and sewed it). I carry it in my off-hand back pocket, but since it is the same "sticky" material it is designed for IWB (no-clip). So you can probably find a specific one to match your mag(s), the cant and location is up to you since there is no clip. Good quality, won't slip and relatively inexpensive. (well, 24.95, so it costs almost as much as a holster, but it's a 2-pack)
    -
    http://www.remoraholsterstore.com/Pr...ductCode=1MHS2
    Chief

Surplus Firearm Accessories | Uncle Sam's Retail Outlet

Last day for free shipping, Magazine Pouch!
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I use a Minotaur mag pouch from comp-tac.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

7. Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    Surplus Firearm Accessories | Uncle Sam's Retail Outlet

Last day for free shipping, Magazine Pouch!
    Outstanding! I just ordered several! Thanks! I hope they don't look as tatty as my underwear...
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    Outstanding! I just ordered several! Thanks! I hope they don't look as tatty as my underwear...
    It does say "Surplus Not Used Stuff" So it should be new.
    In Addition... They also sell Surplus Underwear!
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

While they are not IWB, I have been happy with the Kytex mag pouches... very minimal and affordable.
    d( -.- )b

DeSantis Item #: N23BJG4Z4 magazine carrier can be carried either vertically or horizontally on your belt. It is not IWB, but it all but disappears under even a t-shirt. It has elastic sides to the compartment and I can carry a double stack or two single stack magazines quite easily. I have been looking for a spare mag carrier that would be inobtrusive, yet easily ready to hand for some time, and I firmly believe that this is the perfect solution, at least for me. I can carry two on my belt and carry up to 4 extra mags without anyone being the wiser, especially when carried horizontally.

You can check it out here on their website: NYLON SINGLE MAGAZINE POUCH ? DeSantis Holster

If you shop around a little they can be had fairly cheaply, but DeSantis quality being what it is, I expect these to last me for years to come.

I hope this helps you as much as it has helped my need for a single, simple solution.

Peace be with you and yours!
    Last edited by Wyldman; 10-21-2013 at 03:45 PM. Reason: typos

Thanks everyone! Some great suggestions... :)
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast