Showing state ID and Conceal Permit. - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Showing state ID and Conceal Permit.

In Louisiana you are required to inform LE that you have a weapon.

3. My preferred method is I follow my state's requirements for ID when carrying, which is when ASKED by a LEO. The other is to just OC, then there is no question. When, or rather if I get stopped for a traffic issue, then I provide my DL, CPL and insurance. Have had no issues thus far, but then I don't match any lawbreakers profile. The one time I was stopped was a question of stopping at the wrong place at the wrong time, the officer after giving him the 3 pieces of paper only asked, not told, me to leave it in the holster. Follow legal directions and no one gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcspires6803 View Post
    Every state is different as you can see. Haha. With that I'm an Oregon resident so when I'm home and carry I call my brother (he's a police officer) just to make sure on the rules and ask what has changed. With that, my brother always told me it's better to be safe than sorry and when in doubt whip it out ( the permit NOT THE GUN ). In Oregon it's required and if you are respectful they will take less than five minutes and you can be on your way.
    No, it is NOT required to notify in Oregon.

I've had chp's in Washington and Oregon for the past 30 years. In that time I've probably had 8-10 roadside conversations with Leo's. The subject of chp's/guns never came up...
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

When they run my drivers license it will show that I have a CCP so I would tell them up front.

Quote Originally Posted by tac715 View Post
    My preferred method is I follow my state's requirements for ID when carrying, which is when ASKED by a LEO. The other is to just OC, then there is no question. When, or rather if I get stopped for a traffic issue, then I provide my DL, CPL and insurance. Have had no issues thus far, but then I don't match any lawbreakers profile. The one time I was stopped was a question of stopping at the wrong place at the wrong time, the officer after giving him the 3 pieces of paper only asked, not told, me to leave it in the holster. Follow legal directions and no one gets hurt.
    Your preferred method will get you thrown in jail in Michigan. You should follow the laws of the state you are in. In Michigan, only a CPL holder can open carry in a vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by topgun47 View Post
    Your preferred method will get you thrown in jail in Michigan. You should follow the laws of the state you are in. In Michigan, only a CPL holder can open carry in a vehicle.

NC is OC solely because there is no law that does not permit OC. There are places where OC is not allowed.

CC in NC is be permit. CC is allowed in places that OC is not. There are also restrictions on CC that are not placed on OC.

In NC, during any 'official' interaction with a LEO (traffic stop being the most common) we must inform and show both ID and CHP upon request. If carrying concealed you can have no alcohol in your system.

There is no law that even requires you have ID on you to OC and while I have not heard of any instances, there is no legal requirement to prove your identify if you are OC. Of course you need your drivers license if you are driving, but as a passenger, or pedestrian, I am not required to have government issued ID on my person. I can also OC in the same vane, as a passenger or pedestrian I don't have to have ID on my person. There is also no law on the book to limit the BAC if you are OC'ing. Of course if you are snockered and OC, I'm sure it won't go well, nor should it.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by tac715 View Post
    My preferred method is I follow my state's requirements for ID when carrying, which is when ASKED by a LEO.
    Quote Originally Posted by topgun47 View Post
    Um...his preferred method is to follow state law...that will get you thrown in jail in Michigan?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456