Showing state ID and Conceal Permit.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Showing state ID and Conceal Permit.

Post Showing state ID and Conceal Permit.

Howdy,

Would like to know how you present yourself as carrying and showing ID and permit when dealing with Police. Don't want any arguments, just please state your method and point of view. Thank you!

Well,in Michigan you're required to show the police if they request them.
    "A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."
    "Never fight an old man, if he can't fight you he'll just shoot you"

That's the law in NC, when interacting with a LEO on an official capacity, inform you have a CHP, and where the gun is, then if requested show state issued ID and CHP. It's not debatable, it is the law.

Best practice is to inform, even when you are unarmed, because especially with traffic stops, they already know you are a CHP holder, if the vehicle is registered to you. They learn this when they run the tag through NCIC before pulling you over.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

No requirement to notify in NY so we recommend not saying anything unless specifically asked or asked to step out of the vehicle. CCW info isn't connected to the DMV.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

6. The only times I have been stoped is at a DUI checkpoints in my home state on NC (required to inform). I just hand my permit along with my drivers licence, then let LEO handle if from there.

No requirement in Florida. I don't show it.
    MAKE FLORIDA A FREE AND INDEPENDENT REPUBLIC!!
    SECESSION NOW!!
    tonyj

Permit? What's a Permit?

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

9. In Kansas if the LEO asks for it you are required to show it. HOWEVER your DL and CC have the same number. So if stopped I just hand over both to the LEO and have not had any problems in the four times I have been involved in stops. (Twice for accidents one I was a witness and one I was on the receiving end. Once for a burned out running light and once for speeding. Every time the LEOs were great.

I automatically would do that if I was carrying and got pulled over. I'm 55 and have never had a speeding ticket, so I don't get pulled over. As a courtesy to law enforcement, it's only right that they know you are armed. If I'm not carrying, there's no reason. The officer will know already if you have a CHL in Texas!

11. Not required in Virginia but I tell them so there are no surprises that could turn ugly......Cops have been very professional and appreciatte that I have told them I am packing.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast