Missouri CCW or permanent residents - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missouri CCW or permanent residents

1. awesome let me get with the friend im going to be doing the class with and I will let you know. I appreciate it so much

3. Quote Originally Posted by jrl4691 View Post
    If by resident you mean that you are a citizen of the United States then you would enjoy the rights and protections afforded by our Constitution/Bill of Rights and the laws of your state of residence. If you are merely legally residing here for the purpose of employment, education, etc, then the same would not apply. You state that you are able to legally purchase/possess firearms so I assume that you have citizenship and would therefore be eligible to obtain your CCW permit.
    Great first post. You are 1 for 1 for posting completely erroneous information. Welcome to the forum. In almost all states non-citizens can purchase firearms and obtain carry permits if they are legal residents. Federal law [18 USC 922(y)] even allows for temporary legal residents who aren't citizens to purchase firearms if they have a state issued hunting license.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

4. Hi on the last comment did I say something wrong? just was not sure who you were talking to as im new to this forum stuff

Monica, Welcome to the forum.

No you did not say anything wrong. NavyLCDR was correcting jrl4691. You can see in Navy's post that he quoted jrl4691.

We have the option of either hitting "Reply" or "Reply with Quote". When using "Reply With Quote" the other person's post shows up as well as your post.

I hope that was clear.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Mon74,

Are you going to email me if you can make the CCW class?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mon74 View Post
    Hi on the last comment did I say something wrong? just was not sure who you were talking to as im new to this forum stuff
    Hi! No, you didn't post anything wrong. Sorry that it was confusing :-). When there is a quote above our posts ^^^^ that is usually who we are replying to or what we are commenting about :-). My previous reply was to jrl4691 :-). Hope you enjoy your class and your firearms experience here in the USA. Enjoy it while it lasts, our government is attempting to go the way of the Australian and British governments in regards to firearms.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12