Gen 4 glock

Thread: Gen 4 glock

Gen 4 glock

Good day all. I just bought the gen 4 glock 23 40 mm. It has a double spring to help with recoil but I've never shot the gen 3. Anyone shot both and have an opinion? Also looking to reverse the clip release anyone know how to do that?

I have had 3rd gen and 4th gen 10mm Glocks and the recoil is certainly different between the two. The Gen4 shoots softer IMO.

As for the mag release button: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKdxv35fn3s
    d( -.- )b

I have shot the Glock 19 (9 mm) in Gen 3 and Gen 4 and noticed a difference in recoil as well. After putting a LaserMax Guide Rod Laser Sight with its single recoil spring into my Glock 19 Gen 4, I didn't noticed a significant difference.

I have the Gen 3 and 4 Model 22. Love the 4, better groups in MY hand. I want to buy a 27 and 23 but it will be a while. I do think it is easier.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

Gen 4 glock

40mm and a clip? No, no, no.

I have a gen3 23 and prefer it to the gen4.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Actually, for a 40 mm caliber gun, you would need a clip instead of a magazine:

Gen 4 glock-boforsrounds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Actually, for a 40 mm caliber gun, you would need a clip instead of a magazine:

Gen 4 glock-boforsrounds.jpg
    Is artillery classified as a "gun"? Because that's definitely a cannon. When he said 40mm I was thinking more of a M203

Quote Originally Posted by jschmitz View Post
    Good day all. I just bought the gen 4 glock 23 40 mm. It has a double spring to help with recoil but I've never shot the gen 3. Anyone shot both and have an opinion? Also looking to reverse the clip release anyone know how to do that?
    Yes, I have shot both the Gen 3 and 4 in the G22 and the G23. There is a reduction in recoil from the Gen 3 to the Gen 4.

Pretty much you need to remove the spring that holds the mag release. This will allow you to pull the mag release out and reverse it, then you just put the spring back in place. It's fairly simple.

I found a good video that shows you what you need to do:

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)