Wife wants CPL class!

Thread: Wife wants CPL class!

Wife wants CPL class!

Great news, my wife called and said a friend of hers told her she had signed up for a CPL class, my wife told her I had been trying to get her to go and said she should go with her! Signed her up before she could change her mind!

Now the question: I have had her out shooting multiple times and she does not like to shoot anything but the .22. I have let her shoot .40, 9mm, a couple different .38s even one with a 6 inch barrel. She wants a .22, everything else hurts/scares her.

Any ideas? I've read the back and forth arguments about if a .22 is a capable carry gun, but I would prefer she had something a bit bigger but if .22 is all she will shoot, should I leave it at that?

Not sure what the rules are in your state but in Texas you can't use a .22 to take the CC class. I think the minimum in Texas is .32. Once you pass the test you can carry a .22 if you wish but can't pass the test with it. See if your state has a minimum caliber. As for carrying something after you have the CC permit I personally think a .22 is good if that is what the person carrying it wants to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_of_TX View Post
    Not sure what the rules are in your state but in Texas you can't use a .22 to take the CC class. I think the minimum in Texas is .32. Once you pass the test you can carry a .22 if you wish but can't pass the test with it. See if your state has a minimum caliber. As for carrying something after you have the CC permit I personally think a .22 is good if that is what the person carrying it wants to carry.
    Thanks Paul, .22 if fine for the class here, (it's what most use for class also). Your probably right on letting carry the .22, better than nothing right?

It is better than not having a gun. Of all the people who I have talked to who claim a .22 is not a big enough caliber none of them were willing to get shot with a .22 to prove how ineffective a .22 truly is.

My daughter's first gun was a S&W .38 revolver that she never liked shooting. So, she trades it for a .22 Ruger that she loves shooting. But now she wants to trade it for something with more stopping power, says she wants something that will drop an attacker in their tracks. But she's one of those who is hard to please.
    What I'm saying is that no matter what she starts out with, you're likely to have to trade it for something else. You know how it is with women and changing their minds.
    Whatever she decides on, make sure she practices. That way if she stays with the .22, at least she can make the shots count.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Quote Originally Posted by YooperRob View Post
    Great news, my wife called and said a friend of hers told her she had signed up for a CPL class, my wife told her I had been trying to get her to go and said she should go with her! Signed her up before she could change her mind!

Now the question: I have had her out shooting multiple times and she does not like to shoot anything but the .22. I have let her shoot .40, 9mm, a couple different .38s even one with a 6 inch barrel. She wants a .22, everything else hurts/scares her.

Any ideas? I've read the back and forth arguments about if a .22 is a capable carry gun, but I would prefer she had something a bit bigger but if .22 is all she will shoot, should I leave it at that?

See if her and her friend would be willing to take an NRA sponsored "Girls and Guns" class. They will be exposed to other calibers by women rather than by their husbands... you know, men (said with sarcastic derision). This helped my wife.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)