Prefered concealed carry position - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prefered concealed carry position

I generally carry OWB at 2:30-3:00 with a Serpa Blackhawk. When on duty, I also have my gun OC at the same position (Safariland double retention holster). Therefore, since I am trained with muscle memory to go to that position, when I carry IWB I also have it at that position using a Kholster Infinity Tuckable.

Glock 22.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

I always carry either IWB or OWB at 3 oclock. Most of the time OWB in holsters of my own making.

Satellite Beach, Florida about 1 block from the Atlantic Ocean. Nice!
    I carry with an outside belt holster which I find most comfortable and easiest access. I've tried all other methods including ankle holster and for me this is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by cjtpilot View Post
    What is your prefered carry position? IS it IWB holster, shoulder holsters, appendix carry? also why do you have that preferance?
    12 to 1 o'clock AIWB, or at 4 to 5 o'clock with a hybrid IWB holster.

Glock 20 or 29, carried appendix in a JM Custom kydex holster...

I've tried carrying behind the hip but it just doesn't work for me - I prefer appendix for the ability to carry a larger gun, better concealment, control over the gun/holster and what is for me a more natural drawstroke.

I've had to lay off the hugging though LOL
    d( -.- )b

My first choice would be the 1940's gangster movie style. In a trenchcoat pocket with my hand on the gun all the time. Unfortunately, that would be a little conspicuous in southeast Texas, so my SA XDM-45 4.5" (13+1 rds of .45ACP; my reload is already in the gun!) is in an IWB at 3:30-4 o'clock. Kydex is my preferred holster material, as it is thinner and doesn't absorb perspiration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12