When pulled over do you tell LEO that you are carrying when not required? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: When pulled over do you tell LEO that you are carrying when not required?

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    your comment is not accurate for a FLA CWFL holder because DOACS does not share with ANY DMV the fact that they issued anyone a CWFL in order for a cop in the field to find out if anyone he comes into contact with has a valid CWFL he needs to have his agency contact the DOACCS and request a check, the info is not readily available and to do that takes time, the cop needs probable cause to detain someone while the check is made so if you do not inform, why would a cop call in to his dispatch in order to have them contact DOACS to check the database? In FLA it is legal to possess a weapon in your car with out having a CWFL
    all I was doing was "learning" you, so you and your puppet can stop with the obtuse and antagonist comments
    The original poster is from Illinois. Just my $0.02 since it seems information in these here parts is ruffling feathers.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

When pulled over do you tell LEO that you are carrying when not required?

the cop needs probable cause to detain someone while the check is made
    Hey genius, why don't you read the title of the thread again. If a police officer has pulled you over for a traffic stop you are already legally detained. Maybe you should "learn" yourself before you start trying it on other people.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    The original poster is from Illinois. Just my $0.02 since it seems information in these here parts is ruffling feathers.
    yes he is from IL, but he claims to have a FLA CWFL

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    hey genius, why don't you read the title of the thread again. If a police officer has pulled you over for a traffic stop you are already legally detained. Maybe you should "learn" yourself before you start trying it on other people.
    gfy

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    hey genius, why don't you read the title of the thread again. If a police officer has pulled you over for a traffic stop you are already legally detained. Maybe you should "learn" yourself before you start trying it on other people.
    gfy
    Lol, I'll get right on that. Grow up.

The USPS clerk always ask, "Does your package contain anything liquid, perishable, fragile or potentially hazardous?"
    Shouldn't our law enforcement officers be required to ask if there is a firearm or anything potentially hazardous in the vehicle?
    I agree, someone has to take out the trash....

Quote Originally Posted by superprincess View Post
    The USPS clerk always ask, "Does your package contain anything liquid, perishable, fragile or potentially hazardous?"
    Shouldn't our law enforcement officers be required to ask if there is a firearm or anything potentially hazardous in the vehicle?
    that is borderline, what is his cause for asking such a question?

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    LEO's should not only be trained to mind their own business unless asking questions required by law in their jurisdictions, their agency leadership should be required to discipline them when they stray from that training, and they should be fired for chronic violations of it too.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Someone said something about if you dont give the firearm to the cop when asked to do so it would be disobeying a lawful order of a police officer. (or something very similar to what I just wrote).......

I know for a fact that is not true in Ohio at least.... Although it (surrendering a firearm to a police officer when asked/instructed to do so) is mentioned in several places in the Ohio Attny Generals handbook about CCW in Ohio, NOWHERE is it said that you MUST do so. (the handbook and the law actually say IF you surrender, not that you MUST) As far as other states, I have no idea what their laws say about this subject.

I have refused politely before and when asked why I would not surrender the firearm I answered that he does not have the power to infringe on my second amendment rights without just cause and you know what? he agreed and allowed me to keep it where it was. Now, he WAS an azzhole for the remainder of the stop, but I did retain the means to defend myself........

If the LEO was going to be transporting my stuff because I asked him to do so, then this may be a fair analogy.

However, since by the 4th Amendment, he's going to keep his grubby paws off of my stuff this is an invalid point.

I do like the way you ask more questions than give answers. It makes me dig deeper for a good response.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast