When pulled over do you tell LEO that you are carrying when not required? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: When pulled over do you tell LEO that you are carrying when not required?

As this discussion shows, the answer really depends on the state you are in, including state laws, the general LEO's attitude in that particular state, and the particular LEO's attitude on that day. For me, there is no duty to inform in TN, but the DMV database includes the HCP information. So, after checking my DL the next question by the LEO will be: "I see you have a Handgun Carry Permit. Are you carrying one right now?"

See tnoutdoors9 experience on volunteering his information during a stop:

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    As this discussion shows, the answer really depends on the state you are in, including state laws, the general LEO's attitude in that particular state, and the particular LEO's attitude on that day. For me, there is no duty to inform in TN, but the DMV database includes the HCP information. So, after checking my DL the next question by the LEO will be: "I see you have a Handgun Carry Permit. Are you carrying one right now?"
    just like a submissive dog, you can pee on yourself to show the cop how you are willing to be compliant

I follow the law in the State I am in, this includes traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    I follow the law in the State I am in, this includes traveling.
    that is all that can be expected of anyone

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    just like a submissive dog, you can pee on yourself to show the cop how you are willing to be compliant
    Interesting comment, I actually haven't stated how I would react. I just pointed out the obvious for the state of Tennessee. I don't have to inform, but I will likely be asked. Once asked, I will need to respond. I am carrying concealed on the body when driving, unlike tnoutdoors9 in his video. The off-body carry situation forced him to inform the LEO in the first place. I don't see the need to volunteer this information unless I am being asked to exit the vehicle. I am not submissive, but I am also not a jerk. I am not planning on getting my 15 minutes of fame at my next traffic stop:

PS: Watch the video till the end when the vehicle is searched.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    I am not planning on getting my 15 minutes of fame at my next traffic stop:

PS: Watch the video till the end when the vehicle is searched.
    Oh yes indeed, everybody please do watch all the way till the end when the following text is shown on-screen:

"I was yelled at, bossed around, my car ransacked without my consent, had my rights taken away from me all because of my window. All while not being detained, I broke no laws. Officer Ross told me that my Constitutional rights did not matter at checkpoints.
    He said it is okay to take away Constitutional rights and civil liberties for reasons of safety. He didn't even ask me if I had been drinking. This was a DUI Checkpoint. Happy 4th of July, America."

The fact is, the college kid wasn't looking for any fame. He was trying to drive down a public road unmolested by a gang of authoritarian, anti-Constitution baboons. Oops. Not allowed in and around Murfreesboro, TN.

Freedom ain't free folks. What's depicted in the above video is the bare minimum that any freedom-loving citizen should be willing to endure to protect our rights. Instead, a bunch of subjects criticize them and dismiss their efforts as nothing more than a play for "fame." Un-freakin'-believable.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Oh yes indeed, everybody please do watch all the way till the end when the following text is shown on-screen:

"I was yelled at, bossed around, my car ransacked without my consent, had my rights taken away from me all because of my window. All while not being detained, I broke no laws. Officer Ross told me that my Constitutional rights did not matter at checkpoints.
    He said it is okay to take away Constitutional rights and civil liberties for reasons of safety. He didn't even ask me if I had been drinking. This was a DUI Checkpoint. Happy 4th of July, America."

The fact is, the college kid wasn't looking for any fame. He was trying to drive down a public road unmolested by a gang of authoritarian, anti-Constitution baboons. Oops. Not allowed in and around Murfreesboro, TN.

Freedom ain't free folks. What's depicted in the above video is the bare minimum that any freedom-loving citizen should be willing to endure to protect our rights. Instead, a bunch of subjects criticize them and dismiss their efforts as nothing more than a play for "fame." Un-freakin'-believable.

Blues
    the guy who posted it is busy cleaning the pee off of his leg

the guy who posted it is busy cleaning the pee off of his leg
    I am certainly not. Growing up in a communist country, I had my personal share of unfriendly-to-scary encounters with so-called law enforcement. Freedom ain't free. I fought for mine in 1989, which was certainly more difficult, risky, and painful than what the guy in the video did.

Once again, you are making assumptions. Try not to judge people you know nothing about.

I am certainly not. Growing up in a communist country, I had my personal share of unfriendly-to-scary encounters with so-called law enforcement. Freedom ain't free. I fought for mine in 1989, which was certainly more difficult, risky, and painful than what the guy in the video did.

Once again, you are making assumptions. Try not to judge people you know nothing about.
    my judgements are based on the posts that you made, you promoted total capitulation when encountering an authority figure and I made an analogy about your being so submissive

you promoted total capitulation when encountering an authority figure
    I did not, you assumed, twice. That's when the discussion went into the wrong direction. If you have a problem with a post, ask for clarification instead of posting an insult.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast