Illinois Concealed Carry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illinois Concealed Carry

1. Illinois Concealed Carry

Hi everyone, I'm new here, just joined the forums today. I just finished my IL concealed carry class yesterday. Instructor was IL State Trooper. Seemed very knowledgeable. He talked quit a bit about getting sued if you shoot someone and to make sure your homeowners liability insurance covers you for a justified shooting. Has anyone here checked into the insurance issue to see what companies will or will not cover that situation. I contacted my insurance company yesterday after the class to inquire. They are supposed to get back to me today. I have State Farm.

3. Try Google. At my CHL class in Houston there was a representative from Texas Law Shield that sold insurance for about $100 per year. They say they cover you for about any gun related issue that may come up. Seems to be a wise investment to protect you when you are forced to protect yourself.

4. You might also check into United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA). https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/ I have their insurance. I'm not sure your homeowners insurance would do you any good if the incident occurred off of your property.

5. Just heard back from my insurance company. The agent stated that my homeowers liability would cover me anywhere. They are sending me something in writing. We'll see what it says. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

6. Is anyone currently looking for a good Illinois Concealed Carry class? You can check out Home.

7. So when you get all done what's it going to end up costing you to legally carry in Illinois? Between classes, fingerprints, everything. I'm guessing $500.

Quote Originally Posted by alexk37 View Post
    Try Google. At my CHL class in Houston there was a representative from Texas Law Shield that sold insurance for about $100 per year. They say they cover you for about any gun related issue that may come up. Seems to be a wise investment to protect you when you are forced to protect yourself.
    My wife and I signed up with Texas Law Shield at our CHL class.

9. So does State Farm insurance cover you under their home owners liability or do you need a separate policy for conceal carry?

I have Texas law shield and besides covering you in shooting they hold classes on the law and if you have a gun question they do respond quickly with information.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Bucky9mm View Post
    So when you get all done what's it going to end up costing you to legally carry in Illinois? Between classes, fingerprints, everything. I'm guessing $500.
    Thats pretty close to the cost. Most are charging $250-$280 for 16 hours training. Then $150 for resident license or $300 for non-resident. Fingerprint prices vary. For old style ink cards charges are around $20 or digital prints most companies are charging $55-$75. So if you are going to carry in Illinois its going to cost in the range of $500. You can thank Chicago Dems and Gov Quinn for that. They havent seen a pocket they wont pick. I dont have a problem with requiring training for CCW but Illinois isnt done yet. Quinn and the Chicago Dems are still trying to revisit some of the CCW Laws and they continue to push for magazine capacity limits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast