Do I tell Law Enforcement Officers?
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do I tell Law Enforcement Officers?

1. Do I tell Law Enforcement Officers?

I was just wondering when and under what situations are you required to inform LEO that you are carrying?

3. The law on this varies state by state, you will need to state what state you live in for more specific help. I live in a state where I am not legally obliged to inform, so I choose to only inform if it's for something other than a normal traffic violation. You should also read through your specific state code in addition to any help here, because most of us are not lawyers.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nccchief View Post
    I was just wondering when and under what situations are you required to inform LEO that you are carrying?
    1. it depends on where you are when you have the interaction with law enforcement
    2. USE THE SEARCH FEATURE!!! this has been discussed to death and the outcome always remains the same.

Do I tell Law Enforcement Officers?

You are supposed to tell him when he ask, they always ask now
    CrowSnake
    CCW Holder Mo. - NRA - USCCA - HOG
    .45 Taurus Millennium Pro PT 145 - Ruger LCP .380

Quote Originally Posted by crowsnake View Post
    You are supposed to tell him when he ask, they always ask now
    you could respond with "why are you asking"

In Kansas, you're not required to tell them. I try not to even let the issue come up. If I don't put myself in a position to be asked, not a problem. That position would most likely be if I got stopped for speeding. Since my husband and I almost always go places together, I make him drive. We both have CC licenses but I always carry and he never does. I assume they already know we have CC licenses since they're issued through the DMV.

If you're in a state that requires you to tell them, that's exactly what you do.
    And if you are in the habit of getting stopped, you should probably do something about your driving.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

8. Tell 'em it's none their damned business
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    And if you are in the habit of getting stopped, you should probably do something about your driving.
    That's the best way I've heard it expressed for a long time.
    TANSTAAFL

10. As soon as they run your license, they'll know you have a CCW. I've always been told to hand over the CCW along the license and registration. If you don't, they may ask you about it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    Tell 'em it's none their damned business
    Again, it depends on what state you live in. If you live in one the states that require you to disclose, that wouldn't be a good idea.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast