Real Life Encounter - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Life Encounter

Question: When the kid started back to his car, who's to say he wasn't going to HIS gun?

Quote Originally Posted by shirtz1 View Post
    Question: When the kid started back to his car, who's to say he wasn't going to HIS gun?
    Possible, but still an opportunity to drive away.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    There's another point that's being over looked here the OP's buddy pointed a loaded weapon at the bad guy and the bad guy wasn't intimidated in the least. As a matter of fact the bad guy attacked the OP's buddy when there was no doubt that he was armed.

So much for the firearm as deterent theory
    This has to be one of the most "dumbass" posts I have ever seen in this forum.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    This has to be one of the most "dumbass" posts I have ever seen in this forum.
    Oh my Brother SR40c, that is mild compared to the dumbassery that regularly spews forth from the OP of this thread. Just one among many examples that leave ol' Johnny lookin' like a freakin' genius would be, in a puke-fest referring to the Boston bombing the day that it happened....

Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    My money is on a lone domestic right wing paranoid looney tune angry about taxes...and with a cruel heart. We can't keep breeding like this without abortions - too many nut cases being allowed to live and wreak havoc.
    He has repeatedly expressed such eugenicist musings as it relates to race too, as opposed to the above where he "just" wants to use abortion as a way to reduce conservative thought.

Unfortunately, I can't even say with confidence that Riverkilt posts the most dumbassery here. There's a giant universe to pick from within the bowels of this forum. LOL

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

6. I don’t see any point in picking apart the OP, it’s old news and there’s no need to rub salt in the wounds although some of you here seem to really enjoy doing exactly that.

As for my "dumbassery", I’m trying to make a simple point; there are many people who are absolutely convinced that the mere sight of a firearm will cause the criminal to scream like a little girl and run and that isn’t always true
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

I donít see any point in picking apart the OP, itís old news and thereís no need to rub salt in the wounds although some of you here seem to really enjoy doing exactly that.

As for my "dumbassery", Iím trying to make a simple point; there are many people who are absolutely convinced that the mere sight of a firearm will cause the criminal to scream like a little girl and run and that isnít always true
    I didn't say a word about your dumbassery. In fact, I stuck up for you. I said your post wasn't the dumbest one ever on this forum.

Perhaps since you doubled-down on the post that SR40c mistakenly identified as the dumbest post ever though, you could point to one of those posts by someone who is "...absolutely convinced that the mere sight of a firearm will cause the criminal to scream like a little girl and run." All I've ever seen on the "pro" side of that argument is an assertion that there is a deterrent effect to OC. There's quite a wide chasm between "absolutely convinced" and taking note of a deterrent effect. Your penchant for exaggeration and intellectual dishonesty is a deterrent to some folks, maybe even most, extending credibility to anything you have to say. That's not to say that somebody practicing their own brand of dumbassery wouldn't though.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Just for the record, it turned out the young man did not have a knife or a firearm in his car, but of course my angry friend did not know that. And for sure its pretty basic that alcohol - even a little bit of alcohol - generates stupid decisions and bravado.

I remain amazed at how easily folks turn to personal attacks on my personal beliefs and don't welcome opinions that differ - which is the very foundation of the Constitution.

Just for the record, it turned out the young man did not have a knife or a firearm in his car, but of course my angry friend did not know that. And for sure its pretty basic that alcohol - even a little bit of alcohol - generates stupid decisions and bravado.
    Yes, but the sober one also generated stupid decisions and bravado in this case. The drinking person, turned and walked away after "his business was done". The sober one, decided to bring a firearm into a situation in which it had no place being drawn. The sober one engaged in "auto tag" as well as the drinking person. The sober one didn't drive to the police station, but decided to pull off the side of the road, for what? The drinking one pulled up behind the sober one. The sober one could have taken off, but remained there. A lot of stupid decisions from the sober one. So stupid decisions and bravado aren't relegated only to those that drink, sticking with this case alone.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

I remain amazed at how easily folks turn to personal attacks on my personal beliefs and don't welcome opinions that differ - which is the very foundation of the Constitution.
    Hey Adolf, the only personal beliefs of yours quoted here has been your belief that abortion would be a good way to rid the freakin' world of people who believe differently than you, so save the phony indignation and stick to something you're really good at -- badge-fluffing.

Blues

OP story is why we all should be more thoughtful of our actions, in every moment. How many circles did they make before they stopped? Why not, instead of driving in circles, drive to the police department? This bad scenario, could of been fixed well before the ring around the rosie started.

I donít see any point in picking apart the OP, itís old news and thereís no need to rub salt in the wounds although some of you here seem to really enjoy doing exactly that.

As for my "dumbassery", Iím trying to make a simple point; there are many people who are absolutely convinced that the mere sight of a firearm will cause the criminal to scream like a little girl and run and that isnít always true
    I'd like to see were my fellow open carriers and I have ever said that, care to enlighten us of our own words? You might want to look for these convincing posts right where you left all your reports on how many open carriers are targeted first. I won't hold my breath on this one.

Care to explain how his concealed handgun helped him not get his face plowed? So much for that "tactical surprise party."

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    ďOne of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.Ē Ė Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast