Real Life Encounter - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Life Encounter

1. Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    I remain amazed at how easily folks turn to personal attacks on my personal beliefs and don't welcome opinions that differ - which is the very foundation of the Constitution.
    I don’t think it’s anything personal, I think there are just a lot of people on this forum that don’t have any other out let for their aggression.
    Their lives didn’t turn out anything like what they planned; they don’t like the direction this country is going in, they have issues with authority and they feel powerless.

They blame the liberals and the police for all their problems and here you sit, the perfect target for all the rage they can’t vent against their real world tormentors
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    I don’t think it’s anything personal, I think there are just a lot of people on this forum that don’t have any other out let for their aggression.
    Their lives didn’t turn out anything like what they planned; they don’t like the direction this country is going in, they have issues with authority and they feel powerless.

They blame the liberals and the police for all their problems and here you sit, the perfect target for all the rage they can’t vent against their real world tormentors
    Oh, well aren't we just the little Dr. Freud now?

Listen up Doc, the only aggression on display in this thread is the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    My money is on a lone domestic right wing paranoid looney tune angry about taxes...and with a cruel heart. We can't keep breeding like this without abortions - too many nut cases being allowed to live and wreak havoc.
    Do they have a General Store there in your little town where most of the population are your family? If they do, run on down there and buy a freakin' clue.

No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

You make an asinine generality like this...

There's another point that's being over looked here the OP's buddy pointed a loaded weapon at the bad guy and the bad guy wasn't intimidated in the least. As a matter of fact the bad guy attacked the OP's buddy when there was no doubt that he was armed.

So much for the firearm as deterent theory
    Then this...

Makes you a hypocrite and a troll.

... and for the record, my life is fine. It's other people I worry about. Unlike you self serving liberals who only "claim" to be for the little guy.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    It might go much the same if it happened today. Since the guy was walking away when he pulled the gun on him, he could have let him go since there was no longer a life-threatening situation. Now if he could have gotten to his gun while he was still being beaten, that might have been different.
    Yeah, when the kid started walking back to his vehicle the law no longer views the kid as an immediate threat , that's what did your friend in.

6. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Do they have a General Store there in your little town where most of the population are your family?
    Yes there is a store in Eakley and only 1/6 of the town's population is related to me.

You can talk all the smack you want about "my little town" , just remember I can go any where in it at anytime day or night ( and get there in about 5 minutes) and not feel like I need a gun to be safe, can you say the same?

We don't have a police department either, the Caddo County sheriff handles all that for us.
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

Your friend broke every rule of self-defense. He needs to repeat carry kindergarten.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I don’t see any point in picking apart the OP, it’s old news and there’s no need to rub salt in the wounds although some of you here seem to really enjoy doing exactly that.

As for my "dumbassery", I’m trying to make a simple point; there are many people who are absolutely convinced that the mere sight of a firearm will cause the criminal to scream like a little girl and run and that isn’t always true
    And if you would actually pay attention to what people post you would be able to quote someone who
    there are many people who are absolutely convinced that the mere sight of a firearm will cause the criminal to scream like a little girl and run".
    So... got cites and/or links to any actual factual posts from those "many people" to support your statement I quoted above?

But then, despite all your protestations about open carry not being a deterrent you then post this:

and that isn’t always true
    which would mean that even you acknowledge that while open carry doesn't always deter all criminals open carry still does deter some criminals since "it doesn't always work" also carries the reverse meaning of "sometimes it does work".

Now... the thing that the anti open carry folks always try to gloss over is .... concealed carry has absolutely NO deterrent effect... it never "sometimes does work" because if it is concealed the criminal doesn't know it is there and attacks believing his victim is unarmed... but when open carry deters a criminal then open carry kept the open carrier safe from being attacked. Or, in plain English, open carry's deterrent effect worked.

As for "dumbassery"? I'll let your postings, all of your postings throughout the entire website of USACarry, speak for themselves.

Kinda strange to have so much venom spew from a member who uses the Christian cross as part of his logo. Great detective work too. Hope there's a life off line. My point on abortion (and I was alive and kicking when back alley abortions were killing women) is that IF you let every fetus live you get what you get and some of those are gonna be very bad boys. Ain't sayin' abortion will get them all, but there will be less. What my OP was was a real life situation. Was posted for education and, if you chose, "what would you do?" What I got was tangential stuff on how wrong the guy was and what an ******* I am....what's so important about going there instead of looking at what happened?
    I'm 69+ years old, came up in the ****, and you ain't gonna change my beliefs at this stage so why waste your time trying?

Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    Kinda strange to have so much venom spew from a member who uses the Christian cross as part of his logo.
    God is a righteous Being. He isn't lovey dovey kumbaya. He killed nearly everyone on earth at one point and will punish those who defend their sins.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    This has to be one of the most "dumbass" posts I have ever seen in this forum.
    What I took away from the post was that we can't depend on the presentation of a gun causing the perp to run - even though it undoubtedly does in many cases. We must be prepared in case it does not.
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast