Real Life Encounter - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Real Life Encounter

Quote Originally Posted by Colinsdad View Post
    Bikenut-
    I could not have said it any better myself! Frankly, angry/violent confrontation(s) are the reason I pursued my CCW here in MA, which, is a VERY lengthy process. That being said, does that mean I draw down on every person that gets angry at me? No. But, I'm certainly not responsible for how other people address their issue(s), but, I'm sure as hell responsible for mine!
    Quoted because it quite simply is the unvarnished truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    The following is a general comment directed at no single individual or groups of individuals.........

While I most certainly do not believe in intentionally causing a confrontation, as in a confrontation was what I wanted to have happen, I also personally do not believe in the idea that I am responsible for the decisions and/or actions of someone else. My using my horn to alert someone to a light change, a soft tire, or being high/drunk in the fast lane, does NOT make me responsible for their subsequent violent reaction.

I get so tired of hearing folks say something along the lines of:

"Well, if I hadn't pissed him off he would have left me alone."

as if it is the victim's fault the bad guy decided to get pissed off and harm them. Think about that "If I hadn't pissed him off" perspective and the psychological dynamics of a battered woman (perpetual victim) who is afraid to do anything that might/could/maybe piss off the guy who beats her... and then believes she deserved to be beaten because she did something to piss off the bad guy. And then consider.... does anyone really think it is their fault they were harmed by a bad guy who is high/drunk/raging because they beeped their horn in traffic?

Good heavens! If we go through life being afraid that any (legal) actions we might take could/maybe/might result in someone taking it upon themselves to make the decision to become violent... we might just as well hide under the covers and never even get out of bed.
    I don't have hope for mankind, especially the driving abilities. I don't make decisions based on fear of a violent reaction, but on my chances of not having any interaction at all with anyone while driving.

The end of my first paragraph concurred his decision was correct, and he was at no fault in that situation.

Hindsight is 2020, would he honk his horn again in a similar situation?

I guess my experience with horns has been different enough to think honking in a non emergent situation is intentionally trying to cause a confrontation.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    Just happened across an old episode of COPS where two guys were playing Ping-Pong. A fight broke out over the game. One guy beat up the other guy pretty bad. The guy being beat up had a concealed permit and pulled his compact pistol and shot the guy beating him up - twice in the gut and once in the arm. Shooter was arrested.
    And your point is?

"All persons on this show are considered innocent until proven in a court of law."

Did the shooter even go to trial? If he did, how'd it work out for him? Did they rule it was self-defense? Are there more facts to this story other than you happened to see a show on "Cops" and this is the best information you could provide?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Too bad more road rage incidents don't end up like one I remember in Colorado Springs about ten years ago when a coulpe yayhoos shot it out in the middle of an intersection. They were both dead before the ambulance got there. Fortunately no bystanders got hit.

Darwinism at it's finest.

Jeez Wolf_Fire...you jump on anything. My point was ONLY the similarity between the two situations. COPS ain't like Dragnet where they let you know the eventual outcome - at least not this episode. Of course there was more to the story that I'll never know....but I do know the situations were similar where a fistfight led to a shooting.....

I see you "attack" most posts....I hope that brings you pleasure - setting the world "right"....helping us all see where we're "wrong."

I'm always open to redirection and am happy to consider your comments. But my final decision is mine thank you.

7. Quote Originally Posted by kwimby View Post
    Too bad more road rage incidents don't end up like one I remember in Colorado Springs about ten years ago when a coulpe yayhoos shot it out in the middle of an intersection. They were both dead before the ambulance got there. Fortunately no bystanders got hit.

Darwinism at it's finest.
    I'm calling Bull **** I have family in Colorado Springs and that never happened
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    I'm calling Bull **** I have family in Colorado Springs and that never happened
    Yeah, we'll me too!! I have family that lives wherever you do and you never happened.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kwimby View Post
    Yeah, we'll me too!! I have family that lives wherever you do and you never happened.
    So you can provide a link to the news story right?
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    Jeez Wolf_Fire...you jump on anything. My point was ONLY the similarity between the two situations. COPS ain't like Dragnet where they let you know the eventual outcome - at least not this episode. Of course there was more to the story that I'll never know....but I do know the situations were similar where a fistfight led to a shooting.....

I see you "attack" most posts....I hope that brings you pleasure - setting the world "right"....helping us all see where we're "wrong."

I'm always open to redirection and am happy to consider your comments. But my final decision is mine thank you.
    Decision on what, you bring up a cops episode that had nothing to do with the post. I asked questions. You answered none of them. This is a forum. It works well with give and take. If you think this is attacking then you need a grow a thicker set of skin. No where in my questions did I make this a personal attack. However, you have shown that you really aren't into answering questions from folks when you post a thread. This is now several posts of mine where I have tried to ask you questions as to why your point is the way it is, or why this information is that. So far, you've responded with defensiveness and you point the finger and call it an attack. They are questions. Questions are not attacks. Questions are how people understand each other, but by your response to my questions it apparently is never going to happen.

You now claim that this episode was similar in situation to your OP. I really don't see the similarity as can be understood by the questions I asked. If you'd care to take a step back, quit thinking every time someone questions something you write as an attack and answer them, maybe we'd understand why you think there is a similarity. Instead, we get the above response from you.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Hello...the similarity is introducing a pistol into a fist fight.....

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast