Concealed Carry Maps MA Question?

Thread: Concealed Carry Maps MA Question?

Concealed Carry Maps MA Question?

I have a Massachusetts resident LTC. When I click on Permits Honored By State then MA, all other states are red: permit not honored. However, when I go to States That Honor My Permits and click on MA then Resident, 21 states show blue: permit honored.

Can someone please explain difference and which to follow? Thanks.

Don

There's a few states that don't honor permits from any other states, but other states might honor that one. CA will do the same thing. That's probably what you're running in to.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by donb View Post
    I have a Massachusetts resident LTC. When I click on Permits Honored By State then MA, all other states are red: permit not honored. However, when I go to States That Honor My Permits and click on MA then Resident, 21 states show blue: permit honored.

Don
    MA does not recognize any other states' permits. Some states, when you travel there, will honor the MA permit anyway.

They both are valid. Nobody gets to legally carry in MA unless they have the MA permit, but you get to carry in all those other states because they will recognize your permit.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    MA does not recognize any other states' permits. Some states, when you travel there, will honor the MA permit anyway.

They both are valid. Nobody gets to legally carry in MA unless they have the MA permit, but you get to carry in all those other states because they will recognize your permit.
    Yes. THAT is what I meant to say. lol

I'm a little sleepy today...
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post

Thank you for clarification.
    Don

MA does not recognize any other state's permit but don't forget you can carry in VT.

Quote Originally Posted by hogwylde View Post
    MA does not recognize any other state's permit but don't forget you can carry in VT.
    Yes, c'mon up. Sorry that you can't reciprocate, but enjoy the country and some great ranges up here.

Quote Originally Posted by donb View Post

Don
    It means, "Move out of MA, the state is so far left and does not under stand your rights". I hope that helps.

As the others have said, MA accepts NO OTHER STATE but other states will accept MA's permit. Therefore, the only one's privileged to carry in MA are those that your government deems worthy.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

There should be reciprocity with all states