CW, Bars & PA - Statute Please?

Thread: CW, Bars & PA - Statute Please?

1. CC, Bars & PA - Statute Please?

I have read that there is no PA law that restricts me from CC or OC in a bar and that I can even drink. For the flamers...I do know drinking with guns "might be a bad idea" depending on your perspective, so please don't make that the focus of responses to this post.

My question is: Can someone point me to the statute on the net as I have not been able to find it?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by boxjeff View Post
    I have read that there is no PA law that restricts me from CC or OC in a bar and that I can even drink. For the flamers...I do know drinking with guns "might be a bad idea" depending on your perspective, so please don't make that the focus of responses to this post.

My question is: Can someone point me to the statute on the net as I have not been able to find it?

Thanks!
    How can anyone point to you the statute that does not exist? Hardly does one write laws that are things you can do. One writes laws that you are not allowed to do.

This might be of interest though:
    U.S. > Image >
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Is it leagal for you to possess a cell phone and drink in a bar in PA? I would imagine so. Is there a law that allows it? It is the same law that allows you possess a firearm in a bar. It's called "Nullum crimen, nulla poena sine praevia lege poenali" and is the basic foundation of our legal system. Translated very basically it means, there can be no crime if there is no penal law against an action. You won't find a law prohibiting carrying a cell phone or firearm in a bar in PA, therefore that action is legal and there is no law required to state that it is legal to do so.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

5. if there is a sigh posting NO FIRE ARM PERMITTED that is what it means , other than that "let you conscience be you guide"

6. So really what the OP is asking is is there a law prohibiting carry in a bar in PA. I would look for that and if you don't find it then assume you're OK
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

7. The only law you will find is 18 Pa.C.S. 3503: Criminal trespass I suggest heartily that you become familiar with it. The 2 most important concepts are that signage, placed in such a manner that a prudent man would be expected to notice it and read it, must be obeyed, i.e. "No Guns Allowed", and, if you are in a tavern and the tavern keeper notices you are carrying a firearm and asks you to leave, do so at once.