Non resident CCW for IA or TX.

Thread: Non resident CCW for IA or TX.

1. Non resident CCW for IA or TX.

I went to NJ to live from NE, I had a CHL from NE, but when I moved from NE I had to send my permit back. I could try for a NJ permit but they only issue to LEO's and security. I am looking at a non resident permit for IA or TX. I also need to know what it takes to get one and the cost, also if I need to take the course there or not.

If anyone knows about the VA permits let me know. Thank you -Lee

IA and TX both accept non-resident VA permits. For information on getting a non-resident VA permit see Virginia State Police - Nonresident Concealed Handgun Permits.
    Its pretty straightforward. Earlier this year it was taking about 8 weeks, don't know what the current wait time is

I sent in for a VA non-resident permit not long ago. That one's pretty easy... they even accept training done online.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by kb0wzh View Post
    I am looking at a non resident permit for IA or TX. I also need to know what it takes to get one and the cost, also if I need to take the course there or not.

If anyone knows about the VA permits let me know. Thank you -Lee

You want a permit that will allow you to carry in IA or TX?

You can get one from

AZ Obtain a New Concealed Weapons Permit - Arizona Department of Public Safety

FL Licensing / Divisions & Offices / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

UT Concealed Firearm Permits in Utah | Utah Department of Public Safety

or

VA Virginia State Police - Firearms/Concealed Weapons

AZ an UT are much cheaper than FL, but UT requires a UT specific class.