How to handle a traffic stop - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How to handle a traffic stop

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Their are legal limits to their authority. Beyond the legal limits to their authority are their whims, opinions and power trips.
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Your post shows the exact issue we are having. There are some who do not want to believe the cops have ANY authority.
    You just proved his point. Navy never said "they do not have ANY authority." He said their authority has limits...anything more is whims, opinions, and power trips.

The rest of your post following your first two lines (which you did not understand Navy's post to begin with), is nothing more than power tripping police.

The last Washingtonian to refuse to submit to a police officer power tripping, win $15k and the police are being retrained.

Don't call us Bad a$$e$ with disrespect, if YOU don't care enough to defend your Rights.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    The last Washingtonian to refuse to submit to a police officer power tripping, win $15k and the police are being retrained.
    And until the weather turned bad a couple of weeks ago, him and his wife were enjoying the new motorcycles the city of Bellingham paid for :-). whodat3720 sure likes to exaggerate, eh?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    another foolish post, I will answer point by point
    the cops are human and that is why you need to be very wary of dealing with them, you never really know the mental disposition of the guy who is detaining you.
    that thin blue line is not there to protect me or any other citizen, or ******* in cop vernacular , that blue line exists to protect themselves when they break laws and the blue line forms a means of protection for them
    they are certainly at risk at being on the wrong end of a violent encounter and that is why they make the big bux, I don't see very many people volunteering to play cop, and ones who do are the whack jobs.
    I appreciate that. I volunteer with our Sheriff's department as a Deputy in the Reserve Division. These guys give so much back to the community by providing protection and security for local community bazaars, fairs, church festivals, and whenever the department needs extra hands. They do this because they see a need in the community that isn't being fulfilled. But you can sit there and say we are all a bunch of whack jobs, you do have that right, no matter how wrong you are in expressing it.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Several people refer to dead horses. Just what should one do in a forum, if not post replies to posts? Gripe about people that do post I guess. Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

What is the single most important thing every LEO wants everyday?

Every cop wants to go home to his family. Number 1

High stress job. At a traffic stop, the police officer does not know who he might encounter in any given vehicle. I have my ID and my CC card visible, in my hand. That breaks the tension and the police officer knows he is talking to someone that passed the same FBI check he has to pass.

With the tension gone, so likely is your ticket for a bad taillight.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock20 View Post

Even at the expense of liberty...

That breaks the tension and the police officer knows he is talking to someone that passed the same FBI check he has to pass.

Until he runs the permit and license he has no idea if it's real or not.

Do those with a permission slip giving up their freedom of arms deserve to get off tickets more than those who don't submit to the government?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I appreciate that. I volunteer with our Sheriff's department as a Deputy in the Reserve Division. These guys give so much back to the community by providing protection and security for local community bazaars, fairs, church festivals, and whenever the department needs extra hands. They do this because they see a need in the community that isn't being fulfilled. But you can sit there and say we are all a bunch of whack jobs, you do have that right, no matter how wrong you are in expressing it.
    you commingeled two comments, one was aimed at the professionals and the other stated that there aren't too many who volunteer for the job, clearly you are one of the NOT TOO MANY who do volunteer to play cop.

Several people refer to dead horses. Just what should one do in a forum, if not post replies to posts? Gripe about people that do post I guess. Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

High stress job. At a traffic stop, the police officer does not know who he might encounter in any given vehicle. I have my ID and my CC card visible, in my hand. That breaks the tension and the police officer knows he is talking to someone that passed the same FBI check he has to pass.

peeing on your leg shows compliance as well, part of the leo's job description calls for enforcing the laws, he shall not break any laws in order to perform his duties as a leo

10. Quote Originally Posted by Glock20 View Post
    The safest place for my gun is in it's holster. Telling the officer about the gun in my holster does absolutely NOTHING in reality to make the police safer. Unless I handle my gun, the officer is just as safe whether or not they know about my gun that will remain untouched in my holster. If the officer chooses to handle my gun because I told him about, now he, myself, and every bystander is in MORE danger from them handling my gun without need. In addition, showing the officer my CPL and "putting them at ease" also possibly increases the danger to them, which I will explain in my next point.

I have my ID and my CC card visible, in my hand. That breaks the tension and the police officer knows he is talking to someone that passed the same FBI check he has to pass.
    Just because I show the officer a driver's license does that mean that I am actually currently licensed to drive? NO. How many people do they catch every day driving on revoked or suspended licenses? If the officer is put "at ease" just because I show him a piece of paper and tell him it is valid, I am training him to allow his guard to be let down. That puts them more at risk.

So, if you are really so concerned about the officer's safety in reality, it seems like the safest thing you could do for that officer is to keep your mouth shut about your gun and permit. That being said....

^^^^it seems like that is the main objective of people who show their permits and tell about their guns. I don't buy this "officer safety", "politeness" and "respect" excuses for one minute because "officer safety" makes no sense whatsoever and their seems to be no desire to show equal "politeness" and "respect" to anyone else other than police officers.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

A cop who drops his guard merely because you PURPORT to have a concealed carry credential of some kind is too stupid for the job. It may get him seriously injured or killed at some point.

I obey the law, nothing more nothing less.

In Ohio, I HAVE to notify if carrying. Of course that's not good enough for some cops and groupies. They insist that I inform when NOT carrying, NOT IN ANY WAY mandated by law. I flat refuse, PERIOD.

Ohio cops have demonstrated multiple times that they cannot be trusted not to abuse mandatory notification. It needs to and eventually will be rescinded. When it is, I will no longer notify.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast