Just Applied for a CCW Permit - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Applied for a CCW Permit

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    $110, YIKES!! Just look to your neighbor in PA, we pay $20 for five years. In my opinion that's $20 too much to ask permission for a right.
    How about $140 in Texas for five years, plus $25 for electronic fingerprinting, and an additional $20 if you want a copy of your background investigation report. Cheaper for veterans or seniors, as well as for renewals. New apps are taking 8 to 10 weeks as of a little earlier this year. No county involvement. The state keeps all the money, including if you are declined (a rare occurrence, except for convicted felons dumb enough to apply). As of Sept this year, the required training for first time was reduced and renewals require no training or shooting test and can be done totally online. CHL's are a money-maker for Texas.

3. I just took the IL class and was charged $222 for that. At the time I apply for my license it will cost me another $150. They haven't decided how much the electronic fingerprinting will cost in my local county, but if I opt out of the fingerprinting it will cost me $30 for a manual background check. All of this for only a three year license. So the quick math is $402 later I will be a legal conceal carry citizen for three years.

Many of you folks are so fortunate. Out here on the 'Left Coast' it cost me nearly $600 for two years worth of permit. I live in Monterey County, California. An extra requirement for our county is that we must undergo Psychological Testing with the same group that checks out Law Enforcement. That is $150 of the cost. From application to permit in pocket was a total of 51 days (extremely fast for this part of the country). We also must qualify on each of the specific firearms we plan to carry, and they are listed on the permit, right down to the serial number.

CA, UT, AZ & OR completed. Makes me legal to Carry Concealed in 36 states.

My 1st one when I was 18 took days, not weeks to get (& was only $25/4yrs). Glad I have the lifetime ($100/$125 if not a renewal) LTCH so I don't have to deal w/ renewals (except for my non res permits), anymore.
    I'm in IN.
    Good luck & welcome.

6. took a week for mine in missouri but is $75 for 3 yrs. haven't figured out yet why it is they need the money every 3 years; i suspect it's more a tracking measure so see where the ccw permits live.

7. Good luck! It cost us in WA $55.00 in WA and it took about three weeks, man I see that some of you guys got rape without grease on getting your CHL.

Wow! I am so glad to live in WV.

1. No fingerprinting
    2. No listing serial numbers of guns
    3. No limiting CCW to certain guns
    4. No being limited to the caliber in which you qualified
    5. Permit is recognized by most (35) of the states
    6. The law is that permits must be issued if no background checks find issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$100 plus $30 fingerprint fee in ms. For 5 years.

In TN we pay between $60 and $90 for the carry permit class, then $115 when we send paperwork to the state, that is a carry permit, open or concealed with no regulations as to what we test with or carry, permit is good for 4 years with $50 renewal
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

Quote Originally Posted by mwhals View Post
    Wow! I am so glad to live in WV.

1. No fingerprinting
    2. No listing serial numbers of guns
    3. No limiting CCW to certain guns
    4. No being limited to the caliber in which you qualified
    5. Permit is recognized by most (35) of the states
    6. The law is that permits must be issued if no background checks find issues.

Or you could jump across the border to PA and get all of those same features for only $20 instead of $75 for the first application, if approved, an additional $15 (total $90), plus you have to take a training course. Yikes, to me $20 and a background check is more of an infringement than I'd like to bear, but $75+$15, plus you have to take a training course, AND you are glad about this???
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast