Just Applied for a CCW Permit - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Applied for a CCW Permit

Quote Originally Posted by robjams View Post
    I'm in Ga, and I mine was $75 for 5 years. Took it a few weeks to arrive in the mail. No SSN or firearm serial number required.
    In the county that I live in California, it is almost impossible to receive a CCW. In the county's where they allow them, the wait for an interview is over a year!

Quote Originally Posted by WheelinArcher View Post
    In the county that I live in California, it is almost impossible to receive a CCW. In the county's where they allow them, the wait for an interview is over a year!
    An interview? Yuck! I am surprised people don't leave California in droves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To Fleetwood 8890, I also used to live in Utah. SLC is where I lived. I can tell you that your Utah permit is honored in North Carolina. What branch of the military are you in ? Army ? Just curious. Anyway, depending on how long you'll be here, if you want to get a NC concealed Handgun permit, first thing to do is find a Instructor (such as myself) and take the concealed carry class. Then you go to the sheriff's office of whatever county you live in and pick up you application. They will tell you the rest. I live in Durham, so if your not too far, let me know.

5. i got my permit while i was stationed in Okinawa. i am Active duty Air force . I have done my reading on NC and know my Utah permit is good but i would like to get the NC permit also. NC doesn't have wavers for military for the class i thought i read they do but will look again.

Well, I am in Maryland and my initial request was "denied" but the letter gave no reason. I have applied for an appeal to the "ruling" . . . we will see what comes of it. Frustrating.

Sounds like you guys up there need to remove some crooked politicians come election time.

I received my CCW permit today! It was issued on 12/10/13, which means it took only 16 days, including weekends and Thanksgiving. Merry Christmas to me! Now I need to choose my carry weapon and start shooting it.

9. I had a 9 year old daughter who fought a brain tumor for 15 months and passed in March of 2012. During her sickness my CCW expired and I just started the process of renewing. 4 yr for $40 or lifetime for $125. Being cash strapped here at Christmas time I went for the four year again, my third time. The original and the renewal took 4 weeks or less in other years. Today I got my prints done and was informed it is currently taking 3 to 4 months!! Looks like a lot of people in Indiana are looking to carry. I will not mess up and let it expire again. Saving pennies and it will be lifetime for me in 2018.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Harleymac1 View Post
    I had a 9 year old daughter who fought a brain tumor for 15 months and passed in March of 2012. During her sickness my CCW expired and I just started the process of renewing. 4 yr for $40 or lifetime for $125. Being cash strapped here at Christmas time I went for the four year again, my third time. The original and the renewal took 4 weeks or less in other years. Today I got my prints done and was informed it is currently taking 3 to 4 months!! Looks like a lot of people in Indiana are looking to carry. I will not mess up and let it expire again. Saving pennies and it will be lifetime for me in 2018.

So sorry about your daughter and certainly understand how you would overlook an expiration date. I think a lot of people are getting permits now. I wish we had a lifetime option. My friend in an adjacent county still doesn't have his and he applied before me.

11. Thank you mwhals. She was a tough child who fought hard. I guess the long lead times on permits follow suit with the lack of ammo for the longest time. Ammo is starting to come back so maybe permit lead times will as well.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast