Just Applied for a CCW Permit - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Just Applied for a CCW Permit

1. Wow. What a pain. But you shoul be able to continue until the revised one is returned right? Or does that make too much sense?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Harleymac1 View Post
    Wow. What a pain. But you shoul be able to continue until the revised one is returned right? Or does that make too much sense?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    I emailed the Sheriff to find out. The application has no selection for address change, so I hope it is just the $10 for the photo card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By "911" do you mean that the emergency telephone service changed your residence address? I am confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleymac1 View Post
    I had a 9 year old daughter who fought a brain tumor for 15 months and passed in March of 2012. During her sickness my CCW expired and I just started the process of renewing. 4 yr for $40 or lifetime for $125. Being cash strapped here at Christmas time I went for the four year again, my third time. The original and the renewal took 4 weeks or less in other years. Today I got my prints done and was informed it is currently taking 3 to 4 months!! Looks like a lot of people in Indiana are looking to carry. I will not mess up and let it expire again. Saving pennies and it will be lifetime for me in 2018.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    So sorry for your family. You're in our prayers.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

My wife got her NY CCW in 2004, took 12 weeks and $110. Now there are so many applications the backlog is as long as a year. Got mine in 1990. Took 8 weeks and $45.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

7. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    So sorry for your family. You're in our prayers.
    Thank you BC1. Much appreciated.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dillner View Post
    By "911" do you mean that the emergency telephone service changed your residence address? I am confused.
    Dr. DILLNER, I think I can answer this as it happened to my father-in-law a few years back. The emergency services will occasionally change addresses or house numbering to make it more compatible with the 911 system.

Just Applied for a CCW Permit

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dillner View Post
    In our area 911 emergency service is standardizing addresses to a national standard. It makes it for 1000 numbers per mile. That allows them to know an address with number 850 is 0.85 miles up the road. This was done due to the difficulty of finding houses in rural areas. Google Earth and some utilities have already known our new address before we did!

I'm in MS. Would I go to the Sheriff's office of the county I live in? We are always working away from home so I don't know if I go to my home SD or if I can apply at any SD.

Thanks,
    devonimarie77

Quote Originally Posted by devonimarie77 View Post
    I'm in MS. Would I go to the Sheriff's office of the county I live in? We are always working away from home so I don't know if I go to my home SD or if I can apply at any SD.

Thanks,
    devonimarie77
    Simple Google search:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/mississippi.pdf

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast