Just Applied for a CCW Permit
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Applied for a CCW Permit

I went to my County Sheriff's Office, paid the $110 and signed my application with a copy of my drivers license and training certificate.

I opted for the photo permit, which is similar to a drivers license, so they took my picture too.

My county collects the full amount up front and mails you the permit. They quoted three to four weeks, but maybe a little longer due to the holiday next week.

My state is WV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Good luck! I got mine earlier in the year in NC, and it took 14 weeks!

Mine took about 5 weeks or so in Indiana

In a neighboring county that has the WV capital city, it takes up to 60 days. I like my county timing better. A friend at church in the other county applied before me and I will likely get mine first. Now to use the time to find a carry weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took me about 4 weeks in MS, no class or training required to get your CCW unless you are applying for the Enhanced permit which is what I have.

7. Mine took 4 weeks also in ms and two long drives to highway patrol one for permit second for ic sticker

$110, YIKES!! Just look to your neighbor in PA, we pay $20 for five years. In my opinion that's $20 too much to ask permission for a right.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Here in Ohio the cost is $67.00 and I got my permit in 13 days good for 5 years

I'm a NC State Concealed Handgun Instructor, and when I moved into this State it took me 3 weeks to get mine. NC concealed gun laws have changed for the better. Thanks to a newly elected Republican government. Our permits are also good for 5 years. The 2nd amendment guarantee's our right to keep and bear arms, but it doesn't say anything about having the right to conceal it. Concealment is just a better and safer way to carry a handgun for self defense. People get freaked out when they see open carry, plus it makes you a possible target for bad guys wanting a gun. So always know your gun laws for whatever state you're carrying your gun in. Ignorance isno eexcuse.

11. Quote Originally Posted by NYwill15 View Post
    The 2nd amendment guarantee's our right to keep and bear arms, but it doesn't say anything about having the right to conceal it. Concealment is just a better and safer way to carry a handgun for self defense.
    Don't want to high jack the forum. Just a small comment then I'll leave it be. The constitution does not regulate how we can 'bear' arms. So it would lead one to believe that conceal carry is as much a right as open carry.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast