CCW in the post office? - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW in the post office?

1. OK, so what I think you are saying, Axeanda45 is that you ignore laws that you deem to be unconstitutional in quiet ways that have little possibility of detection and arrest, but if you were ever detected breaking one of these laws quietly and under the radar such as carrying a concealed firearm in a post office, in a school zone, or without a permit that you would then refuse to be arrested?

I owe you an apology. I thought you were claiming to be someone who was actively doing something that could have the possibility of making a difference but until you actually get caught in one of these low risk activities it's just yours and our little secret.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

3. Carrying a firearm in a Federal Building IS legal IF such carry is incidental to hunting OR for other lawful purposes.

18 U.S.C. § 930 : US Code - Section 930
    (a) Except as provided in subsection (d), whoever knowingly possesses or causes to be present a firearm or other dangerous weapon in a Federal facility (other than a Federal court facility), or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.
    (d) Subsection (a) shall not apply to -
    (3) the lawful carrying of firearms or other dangerous weapons in a Federal facility incident to hunting or other lawful purposes.

Postal Regulations are NOT Law....They are for the regulation of the Post Office and an argument can be made that they do not apply, or at least do NOT carry the weight of law, the the citizenry in general.

And YES....I am willing to be the test case.

4. Quote Originally Posted by dethell View Post
    Ok, I've been justifiably chastised. Thanks to all for the comments. I look forward to participating in the forums more. Hopefully with a little less controversy.
    By now it must be obvious to you that there are some members here who not only beat the horse to death, they want every single bone broken into tiny pieces.
    Welcome!
    My .38's are Special.

5. Can law enforcement carry inside a post office?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Yes.
    My .38's are Special.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Resto Guy View Post
    Yes.
    What other "federal buildings" are they exempt from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dethell View Post
    I appreciate the responses and I'm definitely no troll. I also realize the risks of posting openly about this online, but I was seeking meaningful discussion. When I say I forgot, I don't mean I don't know I'm carrying, but rather, I've gotten so used to the feel of my carry piece that it has become a natural extension. I feel something is missing when I don't have it so I tend to have it all the time when away from home.

That said, I treasure this right and realize it's rather stupid to forget and carry it onto federal property. This thread will serve as a good warning to me to be more conscious of what building I'm walking into.

Thanks for all the responses.
    Concealed is concealed. The Second Amendment is the Second Amendment. Don't carry where you aren't supposed to but remember you can't even legally leave it in the car if you are in their parking lot (of course there is a law about it being locked up and in transit between two places where it is legal for you to have a gun). The leftists seem to be big on don't ask don't tell until they legalize something they want legal.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Congratulations!!!! you have won the reading non-comprehension contest!!!!

I have said MANY times that metal detectors are NOT your friend..... anyone with reading comprehension could put two plus two together and realize that I have NEVER stated I carry past metal detectors...
    Surprisingly I once carried into a museum (not posted County museum) where because of a "special" exhibit they had people with "wands" checking everyone who came in. I was carrying a Glock 26 under my left arm. I walked right by they waved their wands while they were busy talking. Don't ask, don't tell.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

I am a bit confused here. I know we can't carry inside the USPS building, but didn't a Federal Judge in Colorado recently rule that is is legal to have a gun in your car in the Post Office parking lot?

Is the post office private property? Or public property?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast