Concelaed Carry for fat guys..
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concelaed Carry for fat guys..

Concelaed Carry for fat guys..

I'm looking for advise and other people experiences and practices. I'm overweight... have a gut... I see endless videos on gun TV shows and youtube channels with IWB holsters and all sorts of carry methods but all of these people are trim and have room inside their clothing. Me, not so much. I have seen a couple videos from overweight guys but I'm looking for more opinions.

3. I'm a bit overweight, myself, so, I carry a holstered "mouse gun" (Ruger LCP .380 in an Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster) in my right front pocket. No flash, easy access, hardly know its there. Does that help?

4. I am also a big guy. The best iwb holsters i found that are very comfortable and can be worn all day is the N82 tactical iwb. It is alway better and more comfortable if you wear your pants one size bigger than you do now. I carry everything from a full size to a subcompact. Check them out at n82tactical.com

Im over weight also. I carry a Glock 19 in a crossbreed supertuck inside the waste band at about the 8 - 9 o clock position and find it to be very comfortable. if your right handed it would be the 3 - 4 o clock position. The only thing I need to do while carrying is loosen my belt one notch, other than that everything is fine.

6. I'm a fat guy too. I've tried everything under the sun for IWB and nothing ends up being "all day comfortable" for me. The majority of the time I pocket carry. It can of course be a little more difficult to quickly draw, but nothing a little practice won't sharpen up. I pocket carry everything from a Ruger LCP, to a Ruger LCR, to a S&W Shield .40. One of the best things I have discovered is using a harder leather IWB holster for my LCR, but clipping it inside my right front pocket. This allows the gun to sit high in my pocket for quicker draw and prints less because it's under my untucked shirt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using USA Carry mobile app
    Attached Images Attached Images Concelaed Carry for fat guys..-1394403230924.jpg 

Though not huge, I have a gut (I've been asked when I'm due). I carry a Taurus 845 in a Crossbreed super tuck (all day, every day except when driving the school bus). I go with about a 30 degree forward cant between 3 & 4 o'clock or 2-3. Either way I tweak up or down to fit the right "groove".

Took several tries to get the cant "off bone" in "off slab" but now 10-15 seconds of fine tune "pants/holster" jiggle and we're good to go.

Such is life in the fat lane.

Quote Originally Posted by the0wl93 View Post
    I'm a bit overweight, myself, so, I carry a holstered "mouse gun" (Ruger LCP .380 in an Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster) in my right front pocket. No flash, easy access, hardly know its there. Does that help?
    It does help. How's the reliability of the LCP?

Quote Originally Posted by pistolinstructor1 View Post
    I am also a big guy. The best iwb holsters i found that are very comfortable and can be worn all day is the N82 tactical iwb. It is alway better and more comfortable if you wear your pants one size bigger than you do now. I carry everything from a full size to a subcompact. Check them out at n82tactical.com
    Thanks for the info... I'll check them out.

10. I am 245 lb. and 6' tall, I carry a 1911 in a Galco King Tuk at 4:00 and I can wear it driving , standing and sitting anyware. Get your pants a size larger than you normaly wear and you shouldn't have any trouble.

I'm about the same size as Pop Charlie above this. I carry either a Hi-Point C9 or a Hi-Point .45 in a belly band - Blue Stone Wolverine Tactical. Been using it for a couple years now, and really like it.

Note: edited because I can't spel rite sumtims.
    TANSTAAFL

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast