SD9VE shadowing through t-shirt - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SD9VE shadowing through t-shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltwisted1 View Post
    I am approx. 215lbs and stand 5' 11" none of my shirts are by any means tight fitting, most are medium to large pending on how shirts run.
    I'm 205 5'11" and I wear XL's or XXL's depending on how the shirt fits. I can't get a medium on, regardless of the brand/quality, large is snug to tight, and I'm not talking gut, but chest/shoulders.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Following up on Fallshirmjager's post - this is from the open carry section of the Florida code that he posted:

It is not a violation of this section for a person licensed to carry a concealed firearm as provided in s. 790.06(1), and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.
    So, you can briefly and openly show your gun as long as it's not in an angry or threatening manner. You would think if someone noticed a gun printing or shadowing, this would cover the situation - but who know's with laws. If a policeman notices, hopefully he's a good cop and knows this. And if you wind up in court over it hopefully you don't get a whacko judge lol.

Having said this, open carry is legal in my state - I try to conceal in such a way that other's won't notice that I'm carrying, even tho the keen observer might notice. I also observe other's to try to see if they're carrying or how they might be carrying. It's interesting when you notice someone looking you over in the same manner - most people are caught up in their own world and don't take much notice of others around them.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bernardbarker View Post
    Excellent response.
    Thanks, it earned me a lifetime ban for being a ""recidivist blowhard"" when it disagreed with a senior member on another forum late last week. He thought that being able to see a completely covered shape was sufficient if it could be surmised to be a firearm instead of needing to be seen by ordinary sight.

Still, he couldn't point out anywhere that a conviction had occurred because of shape and not because a firearm had been seen being carried by an unlicensed individual.

I find it hard be prints in t-shirt. I prefer a summer button up collared shirt, even better if it's in a plaid or print pattern that breaks up any gun print lines.
    I wear a cotton tank t-shirt under it to keep my gun from rubbing my skin or getting sweat on my gun. Works great.

If you have the funds OP go with a holster that fits closer to the body (it can still be OWB). This will help in the printing department.

7. Two thoughts: 1) try an XL or preferably an XXL - anything smaller for your size is to body hugging to conceal even the smallest pistol. 2) the new "wicking" T-shirts of microfiber (read polyester) are too thin and stretchy to conceal anything (put your hand under a single layer and you can read your fingerprints). Use 100% heavyweight cotton t-shirts. I am 190 lbs and 5'10" and wear XXL 100% cotton - once washed and then dried in a hot dryer they are just loose enough to fairly easily conceal my Kahr PM .45

I find it hard be prints in t-shirt. I prefer a summer button up collared shirt, even better if it's in a plaid or print pattern that breaks up any gun print lines.
    I wear a cotton tank t-shirt under it to keep my gun from rubbing my skin or getting sweat on my gun. Works great
    I agree that button up shirts conceal better than tshirts and also shirts that have prints better than plain shirts. I have a couple of hawaiin flower print shirts that I wear now and then, but am really a tshirt and sweatpants kind of guy.

I have a similar problem. I'm 6'2" / 195 lbs with little fat. Seems every OWB rig prints unless I wear baggy shirts. One would think being a big guy it's not a problem. I went to IWB carry and it was much less obvious. I even went to a Ruger LC9 for pocket carry. Try an IWB rig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12