What to carry this week ????

Thread: What to carry this week ????

1. What to carry this week ????

Well I'm off to Delaware Monday for my 25th wedding anniversary with my wife and two kids and sister in law and her kids. Now here is my delema I have narrowed it down to taking a small gun for cc on the trip. I am proficient with all of my choices what do you think. My S&W Model 36 with Hornady 38 spcl 158 gr XTP. Walther PPK .380 with Federal 99 gr HST JHP. I have an IWB holster for the PPK and I only have a De Santis OWB for the S&W. The S&W was my late father in laws he carried as a backup in an ankle holster he was a LEO I also got his S&W Model 10, both are beautiful guns and look just about new, early 1960's vintage when he joined the force. I think the S&W would be nice even if I print Delaware is an open carry state. I would just wear a long bottom shirt. I also have Federal 38 spcl 1What to carry this week ????-13900190_1729620240613641_847276090071116689_n.jpg10 hydro shock low recoil or the famed 158 gr Chicago load . Thanks Ed

3. Quote Originally Posted by Ed66 View Post
    Well I'm off to Delaware Monday for my 25th wedding anniversary with my wife and two kids and sister in law and her kids. Now here is my delema I have narrowed it down to taking a small gun for cc on the trip. I am proficient with all of my choices what do you think. My S&W Model 36 with Hornady 38 spcl 158 gr XTP. Walther PPK .380 with Federal 99 gr HST JHP. I have an IWB holster for the PPK and I only have a De Santis OWB for the S&W. The S&W was my late father in laws he carried as a backup in an ankle holster he was a LEO I also got his S&W Model 10, both are beautiful guns and look just about new, early 1960's vintage when he joined the force. I think the S&W would be nice even if I print Delaware is an open carry state. I would just wear a long bottom shirt. I also have Federal 38 spcl 1What to carry this week ????-13900190_1729620240613641_847276090071116689_n.jpg10 hydro shock low recoil or the famed 158 gr Chicago load . Thanks Ed

If it was me, I would carry the . 380 ppk with a couple of extra mags all filled with a god jhp , there are plenty to choose from, & either leave the wheel guns home or bring along the snub in an ankle holster for back-up

4. I would not carry a gun that has any kind of sentimental value. If God forbid you have to use it to defend yourself or your family, it will be taken, and may or may not ever be returned to you. Just a thought.

I'd still rather carry a semi-automatic with a larger capacity. No magazine limits in my state, so with my SR9 and my extra magazines I could be carrying up to 55 rounds on me.

Quote Originally Posted by timtheref View Post
    I would not carry a gun that has any kind of sentimental value. If God forbid you have to use it to defend yourself or your family, it will be taken, and may or may not ever be returned to you. Just a thought.
    There's states that will automatically confiscate your gun when you have to use it to defend yourself? That's kinda messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'm off to Delaware Monday for my 25th wedding anniversary with my wife and two kids and sister in law and her kids.